New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Postby DaniAngione » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 am

I was traveling so I couldn't reply to this, but was very exciting to read!

Welcome back and glad to see you two with lots of nice plans! Hopefully it will be another great year!

As for my guess...
I'll say Slimes or Bats... There seems to be some Cave Corals in the picture (?) and maybe guessing a cave creature is not so far fetched :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby magisticus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:22 am

jorb wrote:The immediate next project after the client rendering thing is a project we have taken to calling "object controlled objects". Basically the idea is that game objects -- a house, for example -- should be able to own and control other objects, rather than -- as is the case now -- always "belong" and be defined in relation directly to the map. The gist and beauty of this change is that it would allow us to do a couple of things which we have wanted to do for some time, including getting rid of pocket worlds for houses, implement bridges, and ships and vessels which you can actually walk on, rather than simply be attached to. The somewhat longer term ambition for this change is to implement an ideally very powerful freeform building system, which would get us away from predefined houses entirely, and on to player designed buildings. This is one of the things we feel could potentially extend the creativity, fun, and longevity of the game by a great deal, and it also feels as something that Haven should simply have. My goto thought on the subject has for some time been that we really have no excuse for not having the strongest freeform building system available, and we really should aim for that. If we get even a tenth of the way there, that could be great.

Battlements?

Can forsee potential problems with early game hearthvaults with player designed buildings
magisticus

Postby MikeOfDragon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:26 pm

jordancoles wrote:I'm a genius so I've never done this personally, but I can see how some people might accidentally click on the wrong box
MikeOfDragon

Postby csgirl504 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 am

Any plans for a world refresh? Or maybe an expansion of the map? I logged off for a few months and got my settlement stolen so I've been looking around for a new place to settle and there are settlements EVERYWHERE. I don't want to be the person that settles 10 tiles from someone else :roll:
csgirl504

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:35 am

csgirl504 wrote:Any plans for a world refresh? Or maybe an expansion of the map? I logged off for a few months and got my settlement stolen so I've been looking around for a new place to settle and there are settlements EVERYWHERE. I don't want to be the person that settles 10 tiles from someone else :roll:

I don't know what jorb or loftar will actually say, but I think that they're not at a good point for a world reset. There's just nothing for it at the moment as they've been busy with other projects--the client optimization/rewrite, implementing "dungeons," and designing for the other ideas in this thread.

As a player, there are a few issues many of us would like to see fixed first. I don't think the players overall would be happy with a reset. Among them combat and the FEP/feasting system, but not the only things. (There's a rather lengthy discussion on what players would like to see fixed/updated before a reset in C&I, but I've lost track of it the last few days.)

We do ask that people keep world reset discussions to a couple of places just to keep the forums from getting a muddled mess of this. The devs reset the world when it's a need for development, not for the convenience of players.

Sorry you got evicted out of your old spot. Established, but abandoned, places are loved by returning vets and new players alike as it saves a lot of time. You might try looking around for another place yourself that is out of authority but not decayed away completely. Maybe talk to one of the major realms. They might be able to direct you to a place that isn't going to be an issue, and you may not be far away from a market if you want to do some trading.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby DaniAngione » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:48 am

Yeah, I'm also sorry for the loss of your place. It is very sad when we return and see some of our work abandoned or taken over by others -- but it is also the "natural cycle of life" in the hearthlands, there are some "historical" settlements that I've already seen being occupied by 3-4 different groups in this world :) It is very interesting, in a way...

MagicManICT wrote:Sorry you got evicted out of your old spot. Established, but abandoned, places are loved by returning vets and new players alike as it saves a lot of time. You might try looking around for another place yourself that is out of authority but not decayed away completely. Maybe talk to one of the major realms. They might be able to direct you to a place that isn't going to be an issue, and you may not be far away from a market if you want to do some trading.

And yes, as a matter of fact I do know a couple of places that are 'available' - and also relatively decent unclaimed amounts of land in the Northern Kingdom, should you be interested :)

Just PM me and we can get you sorted out!
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby csgirl504 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:38 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
We do ask that people keep world reset discussions to a couple of places just to keep the forums from getting a muddled mess of this. The devs reset the world when it's a need for development, not for the convenience of players.

Sorry! I don't come on here much but just wanted to see if it was a possibility for the year. I've played Haven on and off for several years, and some worlds I never saw another player. I guess it feels crowded now because there are so many players, but that's a good thing!

I'll try to find an abandoned place and make that my new home. :) I'm so excited about all the changes to come!
csgirl504

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 am

If you're interested, I found that discussion thread I mentioned earlier: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=58839&hilit=change%2A+world
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby donatas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 am

When should we expect monthly streams? End of the month? And also this hopefully makes their youtube channel more relevant, since facebook page is getting weekly notifications and sometimes some other things which is nice. Will be looking forward seeing more videos on your youtube channel devs.
donatas

Postby jorb » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 am

Will try to pick a date next week!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements