Game Development: Navy Seals

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Navy Seals

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:36 am

Jcoles confirmed pauper.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby svino » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:37 am

the cost is absurd because jorb doesn't want assholes to build them everywhere to block noobs from sailing around collecting stinging nettles for their new clothes.

(the cost is fine)
svino

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:38 am

I am pretty angry about the ability to teleport the Knarr home, and it leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth. Is this the way development is going? No travel challenge to anything anywhere? Instant teleportation of mass amounts of goods because you bothered to sail THERE?

I am disappoint.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby jordancoles » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:39 am

jorb wrote:Jcoles confirmed pauper.

Why, I never!
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby sMartins » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 am

jordancoles wrote:
jorb wrote:
jordancoles wrote:What the fuck

... indeed?

The tar sticks should be changed to boneglue imo. The dock has other uses outside of just knarr security/binding, you know?

Yeah I thought the same, but they probably made that you cannot build multiples docks stucked to each others, or at least that the building zone of the dock require a lot more space than the hit box once built ... if not pls do so, otherwise will be no end docks trolling on rivers.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby jordancoles » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:44 am

Making it so that docks can only be built within like 20-30 tiles from one another would prevent making walls
(Walls can already be made by placing knarr signs on claimed water btw)

This guy built a dock with no tar at all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=achYJYmzJDQ

:!:

I will say that the ability to port a knar with loot is worth something though, so idk man, lol I might have just preferred a dock with no function :lol:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:50 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am pretty angry about the ability to teleport the Knarr home, and it leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth. Is this the way development is going? No travel challenge to anything anywhere? Instant teleportation of mass amounts of goods because you bothered to sail THERE?

Just for the record, I'm not really against fast-travel as such; all that I mind is when it is formulated in such a way as to make distance and locality in the world almost irrelevant, which I thought was the main problem with crossroads in Legacy. Since you do indeed have to sail one way, locality is still relevant.

If the world becomes too small to be challenging, all we have to do is double the size of it. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Astarisk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:51 am

I feel like the addition of seals is diminishing the quality of this game. The only aquatic animal life we need are otters :lol:

Loving the new dock changes, maybe we'll start seeing more knarr based trading :geek: Just gotta keep up the need for people wanting stuff in bulk.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby svino » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:53 am

loftar wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am pretty angry about the ability to teleport the Knarr home, and it leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth. Is this the way development is going? No travel challenge to anything anywhere? Instant teleportation of mass amounts of goods because you bothered to sail THERE?

Just for the record, I'm not really against fast-travel as such; all that I mind is when it is formulated in such a way as to make distance and locality in the world almost irrelevant, which I thought was the main problem with crossroads in Legacy. Since you do indeed have to sail one way, locality is still relevant.

If the world becomes too small to be challenging, all we have to do is double the size of it. :)

Honestly since there are already charterstones and milestones. It wouldn't really be game breaking if one knarr could teleport to other docks than its own either.. That way we would actually see people using knarrs to transport stuff around the world, instead of only a herd of cows with chests inside with a boat on your head with more chests inside.
svino

Postby iamahh » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:03 am

oh the grieferoni aroma is confusing my brain...

remove hitbox
iamahh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements