Game Development: Navy Seals

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Navy Seals

Postby Redlaw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 am

Loving the new foods, the mushrooms one looks good baking my first right now> seems ill have a much larger reason to grow laurel then I do now.
Redlaw

Postby Danith00 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:00 am

Post the new foods?
Danith00

Postby 524u » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 am

When I try to check containers, it crashes the game :?
B)
524u

Postby Redlaw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:15 am

Lizard on scaled needs 1 lizard 2 carnifer cone (so spruce , pine ect... like cone gruel).

Laurel-Crowned Roast needs 1 small clean animal corpse, 1 laurel leaf, and 1 chive.

Mushroom Burst Glutton needs 2 mushrooms 1 small clean animal corpse.

Tallow candles need 2 rendered fat and 1 string to make.
Redlaw

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:17 am

Nice update.
Slaughtering is not a pain-in-the-ass anymore.
So shears is next, right? ;)
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Granger » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:52 am

I think loftar is wrong with:
loftar wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am pretty angry about the ability to teleport the Knarr home, and it leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth. Is this the way development is going? No travel challenge to anything anywhere? Instant teleportation of mass amounts of goods because you bothered to sail THERE?

Just for the record, I'm not really against fast-travel as such; all that I mind is when it is formulated in such a way as to make distance and locality in the world almost irrelevant, which I thought was the main problem with crossroads in Legacy. Since you do indeed have to sail one way, locality is still relevant.

If the world becomes too small to be challenging, all we have to do is double the size of it. :)

While the current roads are more work to setup, I have seen some that enable you to traverse basically the whole height of the world in less than a minute. The dock only removes one leg of the trip, but it still is teleportation and sucks.

So regarding the dock I would have been way more happy with removing teleportation from roads (to be replaced with a speed boost when traveling) and adding a marker type that can be build on water so boats can operate on them - instead of yet another form of teleportation being added.

I'm happy to see custom client features (of the reasonable kind) start to make their appearance in the official client though, that gives hope.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 am

so why cant we walk on them? what is the reasoning behind this? is it due to the way it creates a hitbox?
AntiBlitz

Postby Aceb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 am

Never fought a seal or Walrus and got triple "Seal finger" wound. Cool. It's not big so I think I can manage.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:54 am

AntiBlitz wrote:so why cant we walk on them? what is the reasoning behind this? is it due to the way it creates a hitbox?

There is no system which would allow you to walk on another object, quite simply.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:58 am

jorb wrote:
AntiBlitz wrote:so why cant we walk on them? what is the reasoning behind this? is it due to the way it creates a hitbox?

There is no system which would allow you to walk on another object, quite simply.

Make the player walk on air and just render the object below. make thin hitboxes on edges of the dock.
It could work, or then not.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements