Game Development: Navy Seals

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Navy Seals

Postby iamahh » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 am

docks makes knarrs a viable option compared to rowboat+tele

knarrs are expensive and often I wouldn't even use it because of the travel back home

docks are expensive and risky as hell because any criminal can destroy it

so it's a good balance between OP features and expensive risk
iamahh

Postby ribaeda » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:45 pm

Just built a dock for the knar and seeing how easily it can be broken, I think that it definitely should cost less, I mean tarsticks of course.
ribaeda

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:56 pm

I like the new dock but I don't really think you should be able to port with a knarr I have to say ... I do think the cost of the dock is expensive but then it does seem appropriate seeing as you can now port home with a big cargo ... I wouldn't build one simply for the fact that it is not secure.

Added toggle to "Display Mining Radii", displays mining radius of all mine supports.
Added toggle to "Display Quality on Items", displays quality on all inventory items.

This is great to see!
Only displays quality on inventory items though, not on container items?
But, still, a good step in the right direction to making default a viable option.

Nerfed Escargots d'Amour and Glass Marbles.

Boo! Lol.

Made lantern stands liftable.

Yay! :D

Made it so that you may keep the UIs for domestic animals open while you still have the animal within view. While the UI of an animal is open, the name of it will be displayed above it as well.

Finding this very helpful. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby azrid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 pm

High price and high risk for a strong effect on the docks. Seems fair to me.
azrid

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Granger wrote:While the current roads are more work to setup, I have seen some that enable you to traverse basically the whole height of the world in less than a minute. The dock only removes one leg of the trip, but it still is teleportation and sucks.

So regarding the dock I would have been way more happy with removing teleportation from roads (to be replaced with a speed boost when traveling) and adding a marker type that can be build on water so boats can operate on them - instead of yet another form of teleportation being added.

While conveniently not addressing your larger points so as to not have to organize my thoughts on those, I'd just like to add that for the Knarr specifically, it has been asymmetric to all other mounts in that it couldn't be brought with you when teleporting to hearth, which made it in that aspect worse than all other mounts, and that felt unnecessary.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Vehicles that can't hearth home are pretty much irrelevant. You can't take them out even for short spins, without risking being stuck with a significantly longer play session than you can afford, and if anything at all should come up to prevent you from playing on, you suddenly have a problem.

Sure, we can have a super realistic game where no one ever uses Knarrs, but I have to believe that them seeing use could be more fun.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Riou1231 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:45 pm

jorb wrote:Vehicles that can't hearth home are pretty much irrelevant. You can't take them out even for short spins, without risking being stuck with a significantly longer play session than you can afford, and if anything at all should come up to prevent you from playing on, you suddenly have a problem.

With that statement in mind, is it possible that something similar to knarrs and docks will be done for wagons in the future?
I like apple juice.
Riou1231

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Riou1231 wrote:With that statement in mind, is it possible that something similar to knarrs and docks will be done for wagons in the future?

Yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:53 pm

I take my knarr out ... just saying, I went to the market and back which was a considerably long trip due to the waterway system ... it was fun. :)

Though I will be honest and say my passenger had to get off and port back half way as it did take longer than his allotted playing time ... lol.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby sMartins » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:05 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Only displays quality on inventory items though, not on container items?

It shows quality on everything .... tested tonight ... tou I immediately turned it off, horrible having numbers everywhere to me, I'm just used to the mouse over thing.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements