Game Development: Phrygian Barrel Basket

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Phrygian Barrel Basket

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:54 am

dont forget guys, a lot of times when they add new items, you may have to rediscover items again to craft them. While the server is down tho, if you look at the pic, there are two items that im tryin to figure out what they are. What is the thing next to the village idol, left side near the base of it. It almost looks like a lizard walked into it. The other is the black object in the top right.
AntiBlitz

Postby ElGato » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:57 am

wow 9 slot belt, I expected 5 slots lol
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby The_Blode » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:00 am

Another great update, A+
sorry for my outburst earlier in the month, to anyone who saw it.
The_Blode

Postby D0fuz15 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 am

Nice update, why u do this to me, the hat looks awesome and i wasted my money in a subscription u.u
Good idea!
D0fuz15

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:09 am

Added "Wicker Picker", handheld basket which holds mushrooms, true herbs, fruits, berries, nuts, leaves, and flowers. The basket works pretty much like the buckets, in terms of needing to be equipped when full, and such.

Yay! Will buy the hat just for this. :D

Though rest of update also great!

P.s. We need a hat stand next update, ;)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Bad_Habit123 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:14 am

haha, ok, rly i needed to rediscover straw twine and then i saw it... such a pretty basket... and then i rmbed it... omg 3x4 space rly? i get 14 squares with second sack. At all thats nice update but this dissappointment after such an exciting intro. Ill better gts
"Survival can be summed up in three words - never give up. That's the heart of it really.Just keep trying." -- Bear Grylls
Bad_Habit123

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 am

Bad_Habit123 wrote:haha, ok, rly i needed to rediscover straw twine and then i saw it... such a pretty basket... and then i rmbed it... omg 3x4 space rly? i get 14 squares with second sack. At all thats nice update but this dissappointment after such an exciting intro. Ill better gts

Myeah, have to admit that it's a bit underwhelming. Will look to buff.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby pheonix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:30 am

i was hoping for combat or dungeon but barrel craftin makes me so happy, bought 2 hats in thanks for that. no more chests and cupboards of buckets of water.
pheonix

Postby jordancoles » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 am

jorb wrote:
Bad_Habit123 wrote:haha, ok, rly i needed to rediscover straw twine and then i saw it... such a pretty basket... and then i rmbed it... omg 3x4 space rly? i get 14 squares with second sack. At all thats nice update but this dissappointment after such an exciting intro. Ill better gts

Myeah, have to admit that it's a bit underwhelming. Will look to buff.

Just make a hard leather or silk version that offers more space
Atm it's a decent early-world thing
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 am

jorb wrote:
  • You may now craft directly from barrels. A side effect of this is that items reserved/marked for someone else's crafting are now highlighted in red, rather than your own green. Suggested here, among other places. You're welcome.
  • Added "Wicker Picker", handheld basket which holds mushrooms, true herbs, fruits, berries, nuts, leaves, and flowers. The basket works pretty much like the buckets, in terms of needing to be equipped when full, and such. Please be gentle on what you bug report that you can't carry in it. Already decided against Mussels, Seashells & Cave Coral. Suggested plenty.
  • Added "Honey Wayband", medicine.

Awesome additions, thanks!! Was hoping for some sort of infection treatment with that one since it's honey based... too bad, I guess. Maybe you add later?

• Fixed a bug by which Toad Butter had stopped giving warts. Funny how we don't get bug reports on things like that, but I suppose it is possible that no one had actually used Toad Butter.

Who ratted us out? Dammit!! ¦]
tyrtix wrote:i used toad butter and had warts. Nice update especially with basket :3

Probably was a significantly reduced chance or under some relatively common circumstance. I'm wondering how it was spotted.

Aye, jorb, please buff slightly--16 (4x4) or 20 (4x5) would be great. Even with just a backpack, it's only one more slot over just a single traveller sack (if you don't have a sack yet or choose to use off hand for a tool) and a significant decrease over two sacks. If you figure in the bonus space from subscriptions and account verification, it's very underwhelming.

Then again, maybe this is just strictly a noob item, but sacks aren't that hard to get early in the game.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements