Game Development: Phrygian Barrel Basket

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Phrygian Barrel Basket

Postby Forest » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 am

TurtleHermit wrote:
LadyGoo wrote:- to craft from the piles placed on adjacent tiles (2 tiles radii around the character), this would improve the problems with curio botting so much;
- auto-drinking while crafting stuff;
- auto-placing stockpiles while harvesting crops or mining;
- harvesting dreams in an easier way.

Yes, No, Yes (if it will work as similar thing to surveying land), Yes.

No auto-drinking please. I can understand rest but that one is just complete going auto for several minutes. I can see already some people complaining why auto-drinking wouldn't be implemented nearly everywhere... just no.
So you preferred auto drinker bots? Anyway if i need to make 6 cupboard of pies i dont want watch at this process all the time.
Forest

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:43 am

TurtleHermit wrote:No auto-drinking please. I can understand rest but that one is just complete going auto for several minutes. I can see already some people complaining why auto-drinking wouldn't be implemented nearly everywhere... just no.

Why no? What is so bad in going auto? If you think that the game should focus on people clicking and looking at the monitor all the time is the right way of development, just delete windmills, autodrinking while chopping, digging and etc.

The reason why I am suggesting this is to reduce the botting. The main reason for botting is the tedium, routine and unbelievable amount of clicks.
You will still have top factions making tons of curio and food, while the small guys would struggle to even farm to keep up their livestock. Is there a reason why one should spen 90% of their time on staring at the monitor and clicking, instead of exploring the world, setting up trades, routes and etc? Is there a reason why while there is people botting and having everything done auto, while the rest of the playerbase are struggling and feeling unmotivated? I have read that some dudes got q1500 beetrots, while the rest of the server cannot even get q600 stuff.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Honoka » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:00 am

Crafting from barrels yay. But be careful with automation or the game will end by logging in once per day just to check how many LP you earned today and if there is no siege at your village :P Just add some transportation belts and magic robotic hands (2 sticks, metal bar and a dream) and we will have Haven & Factorio soon.
Honoka

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:08 am

I know the boss will probably kill me and kick me out of the kingdom, but...

All the pros have all that automated already. If siege or something else is going on they want a warning on, they have scripts and utilities set up to get SMS messages on their phones so they can log in right away. ¦]
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ydex » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 am

LadyGoo wrote:
- to craft from the piles placed on adjacent tiles (2 tiles radii around the character), this would improve the problems with curio botting so much;
- auto-drinking while crafting stuff;
- auto-placing stockpiles while harvesting crops or mining;
- harvesting dreams in an easier way.

this list is a good list for tedium removal. stockpiling huge fields is not fun.
bold
ydex

Postby tyrtix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 pm

i knew that... let ppl be free to have a bot is the same of infinite stockpiles... soon we'll have cupboard stockpiles too and autofilling them with whatever
tyrtix

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:45 pm

That's a lot of straw for the basket! I wish it had included a cloth lining ... and it is a bit underwhelming in size ... I bought two hats for that ... :P :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby tyrtix » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

anyone knows new healing thing and for what works? thanks
tyrtix

Postby Granger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 pm

jorb wrote:"Wicker Picker"

Straw twine imho gets only available after beeskeps have been built (means wax=>hardened leather=>tsacks are basically available), imho somewhat defeating the idea.

Given the name I would have expected it to take branches (like the wicker basket) and maybe some strings (like taproot, to hold it together) so it would have a use for new characters.

Possibly such a simpler version could be added to make it accessible to new characters still on birchbark backpack level?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby shubla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:37 pm

cool things
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements