Game Development: Wildgoat Turnip

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wildgoat Turnip

Postby synaris » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:50 am

Granger wrote:
synaris wrote:the container first crafting change is already a small issue. since the stuff i craft keeps ending up in the container due to my full inventory.

Mass-move some of the stuff (that will be consumed by the craft) into the container prior to <ctrl>+<cr>?
What do you craft where this actually is a problem?

lots of sausages and baked goods. en mass. i fill up several cupboards worth of ingredients and make things that take like, 4-5 of said ingredients at a time.

hell our sausage station always has various kinds of meat in it, so when i take more meat to it to grind up, the meat in the cupboards gets used first and the meat in my inventory is ignored. so i have to find the finished sausages amidst 6 or so different cupboards now.

now it feels like i traded one problem for another, its something to adjust to.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby VDZ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:56 am

loftar wrote:
shubla wrote:Finally more decay!

Decay in caves when. ¦]

Would make feel caves less unique IMO, and would take away part of the reason for living in a cave. Though it would be nice to see Poppycaps and Withercorn actually regenerate after some time.
VDZ

Postby Kmab » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 am

I do not get this "decay" logic. Can you explain how exactly it will work after changes?
Does it mean, that, things that do not decay now, will start to decay? (e.g. logs, pavements, etc.)
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Kmab

Postby Granger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:24 am

Kmab wrote:I do not get this "decay" logic. Can you explain how exactly it will work after changes?
Does it mean, that, things that do not decay now, will start to decay? (e.g. logs, pavements, etc.)

Prior the patch there wasn't any decay (none at all) on the parts of the map that were persisted to disk (=not being active). This lead to only busy areas getting the intended amount of decay, which lead to several problems. The by this guy link in the OP contains more information about the subject.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Kmab » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 am

I read it. Looks nice.
The question is, if jorb implemented this mechanics totally of partially.
I have also one thought after reading. In terms of future planned mechanics, decay should vary based on structure itself and material used for a construction.
For example - a unused bridge/teleport should last longer than abandon settlement, and unused stone bridge should prevail longer than a wooden one.

By the way, I occasionally destroy abandon pavements so I noticed that pavements in mountains area cannot be destroyed. It seems a bug.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Kmab

Postby synaris » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm

try digging that pavement in the mountain.

anyways, jorb or loftar, something occurred to me and i gotta ask. does this increase in decay mean that when an area is unloaded, trees grow much faster and replenish their supply of fruit ect much more quickly?
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby iamahh » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 pm

horses usability is awesome now, i use them for everything around the base
iamahh

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:30 pm

synaris wrote:anyways, jorb or loftar, something occurred to me and i gotta ask. does this increase in decay mean that when an area is unloaded, trees grow much faster and replenish their supply of fruit ect much more quickly?

No. It means that they don't decay slower because they have been unloaded for some time.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:12 pm

jorb wrote:
synaris wrote:anyways, jorb or loftar, something occurred to me and i gotta ask. does this increase in decay mean that when an area is unloaded, trees grow much faster and replenish their supply of fruit ect much more quickly?

No. It means that they don't decay slower because they have been unloaded for some time.

But how did decay work before this change was made then. If you only log in once a day, (area being loaded only one time a day) does it now decay faster?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 pm

shubla wrote:
jorb wrote:

But how did decay work before this change was made then. If you only log in once a day, (area being loaded only one time a day) does it now decay faster?

When something was not loaded, it did not decay.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements