Game Development: Fighting Quail

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fighting Quail

Postby Zephron » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 am

loftar wrote:
Zephron wrote:Opp knocks consumes feigned dodge but doesn't prevent the opening being created.

Correct; that feigned dodge "completely blocks" an attack means that it is as if there were no openings against that attack.
Zephron wrote:I get it that opp knock is not an attack, but in that case it shouldn't consume the feigned dodge.

It is technically an attack, which is why feigned dodge is consumed by it. Perhaps feigned dodge should only affect attacks that take damage, or something.

yeah, seems lackluster, doesn't prevent openings being created or opponent getting IP, only stops damage but can be consumed by stuff that doesn't do damage.
Zephron

Postby synaris » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 am

are we going to be allowed to play the game? or are we stuck in a loop of server restarts every 5 minutes?
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:08 am

synaris wrote:are we going to be allowed to play the game? or are we stuck in a loop of server restarts every 5 minutes?

Poor baby. While we have critical problems you can expect restarts as often as are required.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:08 am

you cant defend against anyhting xd

punch spam to 50, kito for dizzy, repeat process until their defenses are all in HUGE FUCKING COOLDOWNS, ravenbite them for like 1500dmg at a time haha love it
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:09 am

Suggestions for improvements, please. Reduce cooldowns?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 am

jorb wrote:Suggestions for improvements, please. Reduce cooldowns?

reduce by a ton please and probably increase the heavy damage dealing cds
ChildhoodObesity

Postby synaris » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:13 am

i havnt looked over every ablity, but every attack i looked at had far higher personal cooldowns than global ones. is there no move that can be used as a primary attack anymore? cant even spam punch as fast as it would be to mix up moves.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby roboboy33 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 am

synaris wrote:i havnt looked over every ablity, but every attack i looked at had far higher personal cooldowns than global ones. is there no move that can be used as a primary attack anymore? cant even spam punch as fast as it would be to mix up moves.

Not all of the moves have local cooldowns, punch/chop etc can be spammed
what the fuck say
roboboy33

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 am

synaris wrote:i havnt looked over every ablity, but every attack i looked at had far higher personal cooldowns than global ones. is there no move that can be used as a primary attack anymore? cant even spam punch as fast as it would be to mix up moves.

>is there no move that can be used as a primary attack anymore?
>i havnt looked over every ablity

Why do you feel the need to even comment?
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:20 am

Rebooting to buff defenses, and increase the cooldown on cleave and raven's bite.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements