Game Development: Fighting Quail

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Fighting Quail

Postby azrid » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:12 pm

jordancoles wrote:I also like the idea of needing to place traps and group up together for PVE (I think that you should be able to stomp all over anything below boar-tier of strength solo though)

For that they would need to buff the loot you get from above boar level animals. More meat, more hide and more special drops.
azrid

Postby IngloriouslyBad » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm

I thought I'd give the combat system another try... To be honest, I still don't like it. The previous one was better, even with its flaws. Maybe it's just me not wanting to use an axe and unarmed, as my character is set up for pure MC sword and board. I just dont like B12. I have one but eh... I thought it was too cheesy. I honestly didn't care if there was only 3 abilities that used MC. I was going to use those 3 abilities and still kill animals in manly toe to toe combat. Now, I just can't, and it makes me sad :cry:

Here's a thought! Make a combat axe for shield users. Sure you can use a hatchet or woodsman axe, but a dedicated 1h axe would be a cool addition. Any new item to sync with the new ravens bite meta I guess really. As much as I hate using meta...
IngloriouslyBad

Postby Tammer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:13 pm

IngloriouslyBad wrote:I thought I'd give the combat system another try... To be honest, I still don't like it. The previous one was better, even with its flaws. Maybe it's just me not wanting to use an axe and unarmed, as my character is set up for pure MC sword and board. I just dont like B12. I have one but eh... I thought it was too cheesy. I honestly didn't care if there was only 3 abilities that used MC. I was going to use those 3 abilities and still kill animals in manly toe to toe combat. Now, I just can't, and it makes me sad :cry:

Here's a thought! Make a combat axe for shield users. Sure you can use a hatchet or woodsman axe, but a dedicated 1h axe would be a cool addition. Any new item to sync with the new ravens bite meta I guess really. As much as I hate using meta...

I've been doing ok with a sword and shield up:

sideswipe + punch or chop for initial openings
then quick barrage for 6 IP
then storm of swords + sting

That works fine for bear, moose, etc. For slimes I just use full circle and get my ass kicked.

(I just wear chainmail and a miner's helm now for mining so it doesn't really matter if slimes wreck my armor. I can't find a way to generate IP effectively to use storm of swords on slimes without my guard down getting out of control.)
Tammer

Postby Ysh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Ysh wrote:I think MMO is not good format for very twitch combat anyway.

MagicManICT wrote:If you want an arcade type combat system in an MMO, keep looking. Too many players makes such things impractical.

I think maybe we are on same page here?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Gensokyo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 pm

I'm now imagining this combat system without having all the moves unlocked.

I shiver in fear of a new world.
Gensokyo

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Now that it's being rolled back, I feel bad about the amount of crap you guys got for being so ambitious. The idea was decent and I could see how much work you put into it.

I'm sure you can make it work, it just needs some tweaking.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Previous

Return to Announcements