Development Headsup: Menhir and Grotesque Idol Protection

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Development Headsup: Menhir and Grotesque Idol Protection

Postby jorb » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:04 am

Hi,

We're going to make it so that Menhirs and Grotesque Idols work more akin to normal objects, in that they do not require realm challenges to destroy, but rather are instead protected by claims and claim shields. This to make it possible to conquer them from one realm to another.

They probably already are, but you might want to ensure that your security arrangements are up to speed with that.

Over and out
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Development Headsup: Menhir and Grotesque Idol Protectio

Postby overtyped » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 am

first
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby ElGato » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 am

Interesting change. Was there something that prompted this?
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby Field » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 am

I figure it's to encourage claiming realm over instead of bashing the idols thus not punishing noobs as much?
Field

Postby jordancoles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 am

Thanks for the headsup
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Dakkan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:43 am

jorb wrote:Hi,

We're going to make it so that Menhirs and Grotesque Idols work more akin to normal objects, in that they do not require realm challenges to destroy, but rather are instead protected by claims and claim shields. This to make it possible to conquer them from one realm to another.

They probably already are, but you might want to ensure that your security arrangements are up to speed with that.

Over and out

But with this change alone they won't be transferable? This is just the groundwork leading to that?

I very much agree that they should be transferable between realms, but this seems like the type of thing to do all at once.
Dakkan

Postby jordancoles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 am

jorb wrote:This to make it possible to conquer them from one realm to another.

What do you mean by conquer? Can your realm absorb them?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby IngloriouslyBad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:07 am

Like, if Aki Habara claims some land and NK comes along and absorbs that land? Thus making it now to where the people who are living inside 1 realm or the other just change over bonuses? This would help someone like me, a noob, as I live on the middle border of both these 2 kingdoms, and the buffs disappear for days sometimes weeks at a time until 1 or the other rebuild their thingys :(

If this is not what this is changing, then forgive me. I'm still like... bad :cry: :oops: :|
IngloriouslyBad

Postby Akme » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 am

Imho it's a very controversial idea, cause peoples from losing side will just destroy them, instead than letting enemy capture them and become even more stronger and/or will start build them in something like hidden remote L5 underground vaults. Small amount per each vault, cause it will make concealing of them easer and reduce damage to realm bonuses from each losing battle (siege). All of this will negative affect capitals of realm which will lose one of their impotant function and become even more deserted than now.
Imho, much more proper way is implementing of proper diplomacy between realms that let realm use authority cost action like "Wage War" against another realm and after become winner in this war get some of idols/menhirs (amount will be depended by demand that offender realm will set before start a war) of loser transfered to their coronation stone as spoils of war. Setting higher demand will require more authority, but total amount of spoils of war (per each victory in war) cannot become more than half of all menhirs/idols that losing realm have. Loser and winner can be defined by amount of authority/cairns that each realm spent/lose during war. And ofc during war idols/menhirs of realms cannot be destroyed. And ofc war can not go on forever. Something like this, at least.
Akme

Postby karcheress » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 am

Uh, that is completely opposite of what I've been talking with my friends about... We were rather hoping on added shield to the cities that have realm statues inside, especially coronation stone, so sieging important for kingdom villages and the capital itself would be harder.
Sancho Sanchez wrote:Some people have hobbies, some people play Haven.
karcheress

Next

Return to Announcements