Game Development: Leek Whistle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Leek Whistle

Postby twist43 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:10 am

VDZ wrote:
azrid wrote:
Forest wrote:Stronger cupboard with one bone glue in recepie?

I found it.

Beyond the obvious ridiculousness of the cost, it takes up more space than a cupboard and such chests cannot easily neatly be aligned side to side, making them less usable for mass storage. As far as I'm aware this is only reasonably possible with cupboards.

@devs: If people moving goods around using cupboards is a problem, why not just revert to the old rule that cupboards with items inside cannot be picked up?

Potential 2 part solution:

Part One. Allow variable materials to be used for the exquisite chest. The gold, silver, and silk are not structural but aesthetic. Maybe change the 2 bars of precious metal - 3 bars of any metal and 2 silk - 2 any cloth

Part two. A cheese rack for chests :D Can store 3 chests Vertically :D
twist43

Postby Forest » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:47 am

azrid wrote:
Forest wrote:And now imagine that each of your cupboard in the game requires materials like in the chest that you showed.

are you poor or something?

I am poor enough not to allow myself to build Exquisite Chests instead of cupboards in my mine. And you?
Forest

Postby Field » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 am

Galena is pretty common and getting lowest q silk requires a bit of time investment at most and only that. But yeah, I wouldn't ever mass produce them (the exquisite chests).
Field

Postby Bowshot125 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:45 pm

I buy a year long silver sub to get a chance at hats and you give the mushroom hat to gold only? Wtf is this Jorb?
Bowshot125

Postby Granger » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:24 pm

Bowshot125 wrote:I buy a year long silver sub to get a chance at hats and you give the mushroom hat to gold only? Wtf is this Jorb?

Normal, silver only gets the free hat every second time. Has been like that for quite some time.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby azrid » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Silver is cheaper than ever there is no excuse to be so poor that you cannot afford the chest.
And you don't even have to mass produce them you can just have like 6 of them to put in a cart and teleport around tons of stuff.
azrid

Postby Forest » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:04 pm

azrid wrote:Silver is cheaper than ever there is no excuse to be so poor that you cannot afford the chest.
And you don't even have to mass produce them you can just have like 6 of them to put in a cart and teleport around tons of stuff.

I lack 6 chests. And I use cupboards as storages. And it's very inconvenient to keep a lot of cupboards inside the houses, because access to them is very hard.
Your captain obviousness.

Forest

Postby azrid » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:08 am

That looks like a bad set up. How are you going to click the ones in the middle without breaking outer layers every time.
If you had time to make so many useless cupboards you had time to make a few gold coins to buy that silver.
azrid

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:52 am

Forest wrote:I lack 6 chests. And I use cupboards as storages. And it's very inconvenient to keep a lot of cupboards inside the houses, because access to them is very hard.
Your captain obviousness.

Setups like these is why it needs to go back to unmovable cupboards.... :roll:
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby magisticus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:24 am

I don't get why people are complaining, the slight inconvenience of occasionally repairing cupboards is more than made up for by the fact that you can now instant transport 7 cupboards at a time using a cart. Has got easier, not harder to manage cupboards in mines.
magisticus

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements