Game Development: Bandy Rudolf

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bandy Rudolf

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:49 pm

could u not add a yes/no option to bandy xd???? its retarded how it just interrupts everything involuntarily
ChildhoodObesity

Postby loftar » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:10 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:could u not add a yes/no option to bandy xd???? its retarded how it just interrupts everything involuntarily

Oops, that wasn't quite the intention; the intended behavior was that bandying should just simply be blocked whenever the other party is doing anything. Will patch later.

wonder-ass wrote:is this working correctly? mine support was clearly in multiple other mine support radius yet it still caved in?

It's not the mine-support itself which needs to be covered, but any unstable tiles that it covers.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:17 pm

l-love u loftar!!
ChildhoodObesity

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:46 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

• Changed the mine support removal rules so that, whenever a mine support is removed, all tiles under it are checked for unstable mine tiles. If there are unstable tiles within range, which are now, with the removal of the mine support, unsupported, the removal will cause a cave in. This means that you can now tear down mine supports without cave ins, if you still have proper support around it. Suggested here.

yassssss
sabinati

Postby Arbor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Arbor

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:34 pm

@loftar but it just caved in everywhere :?

see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 pm

loftar wrote:It's not the mine-support itself which needs to be covered, but any unstable tiles that it covers.

Just putting it out here, but this means that you could not need as many mine supports as you had if you flagged the mi... err marked the unstable tiles correctly. At least, that's how I read it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
loftar wrote:It's not the mine-support itself which needs to be covered, but any unstable tiles that it covers.

Just putting it out here, but this means that you could not need as many mine supports as you had if you flagged the mi... err marked the unstable tiles correctly. At least, that's how I read it.

You'll need enough to cover all unstable tiles - that at least would be the mechanic I asked for ~29 months ago. I'm happy that they implemented it eventually.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby loftar » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 pm

wonder-ass wrote:Image

As far as I can tell, all those caveins are either outside or extremely close to the boundary of the total coverage in that image.

loftar wrote:Will patch later.

Should be fixed now.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby vatas » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Bandy is handy. Remembered it while searching for container to give food to alt.

IIRC I read the suggestion and assumed it wouldn't happen because secure trades are against what I assume to be HnH's "philosophy" but this is definitely a neat addition.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements