Game Development: Wood Grease

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wood Grease

Postby vatas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:51 am

synaris wrote:
ricky wrote:Disturbing lack of Grease, unless there's something I'm missing

looks like wood greath is the name of the new bird.

Grouse, not grease. Glad I wasn't the only one noting the lack of grease.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 am

We were discussing the plural form of grouse, and jokingly came up with grease.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby boreial » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 am

goose/geese, grouse/grease, makes perfect sense to me.
boreial

Postby dafels » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:51 am

a new hat, unexpected
dafels

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:00 am

Yay! Fishing nets ... I do actually still fish on my char every now and again, there is no need to but I quite like fishing and I've always been a big fan of fishing up the trash (picking up beach trash too) even though the majority of it exactly that! Lol.

Do the nets also have a chance of retrieving trash?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby magisticus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:23 am

jorb wrote:We were discussing the plural form of grouse, and jokingly came up with grease.

The Oxford English Dictionary would tell you that the plural of Grouse is Grouse but that it is acceptable to use Grouses (while sniggering behind your back that if you do you are a heathen) but what the hell things are made to be changed.

Very nice update - like the sword having played with it a bit
magisticus

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:26 pm

I think that if you lowered the cool down on the cutblade that it would see more significant play, as currently its still much underpowered when comparing it to the b12. Unless its not meant to necessarily rival it, and you are just in the beginning of fleshing out a weapon tree, in which case, I stand corrected.

It just that its still too slow with its cool down to alleviate the 20 damage difference, I don't think that its significant enough a difference to counter balance.
AntiBlitz

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Added "Fishing Net", you can drop the net, or right click it to place it exactly. The net catches fish over time, but also loses efficiency in doing so over time. Fish caught have a chance to disappear per unit of time, so there's a judgment call to be made on when to recover the nets, as leaving them for too long will cause them to empty. Suggested since the dawn of time, and perhaps a first stab at more fishing changes in the pipe.

Lazy bastards!
Why no in-depth mechanics for fishnets!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Would love to hear suggestions for better mechanics!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Mario_Demorez » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm

could have had two different types of nets. One net for rivers and streams where it’s a passive fish trap, the one you have already doesn’t really seem like it would work in lakes. A second time of net would be a hand thrown net that you’d throw from shore or boat and slowly pull back towards you, it would have its own inventory that would fill with fish. It would of course have a chance to break depending on the quality of the Net, would use stones and rope to craft. Once filled with fish it would act like a bucket in which you could only carry with your hands.
Mario_Demorez

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements