Game Development: A Bat out of Hell

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Bat out of Hell

Postby captainmorgan » Tue May 01, 2018 12:17 pm

leanne69 wrote:Just tried the bat cave. We all get KO'ed and almost got all killed cause we couldn't port back to heartfire and got constantly KO'ed. Please consider allowing people to port out when KO'ed!

I think it would be good to have a cooldown once you wake up, during which a bat cannot agro you, so you have maybe 10 seconds to get away. Obviously only for dungeon monsters, wouldn't apply to PVP or regular animals/bats
captainmorgan

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue May 01, 2018 12:44 pm

captainmorgan wrote:
leanne69 wrote:Just tried the bat cave. We all get KO'ed and almost got all killed cause we couldn't port back to heartfire and got constantly KO'ed. Please consider allowing people to port out when KO'ed!

I think it would be good to have a cooldown once you wake up, during which a bat cannot agro you, so you have maybe 10 seconds to get away. Obviously only for dungeon monsters, wouldn't apply to PVP or regular animals/bats

negative, need more noob squishers, not less!
AntiBlitz

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 01, 2018 2:30 pm

captainmorgan wrote:I think it would be good to have a cooldown once you wake up, during which a bat cannot agro you, so you have maybe 10 seconds to get away. Obviously only for dungeon monsters, wouldn't apply to PVP or regular animals/bats

I've been complaining about this for years. Nothing like logging into a bear chewing your face off and you can't do anything until you're almost KO.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby captainmorgan » Tue May 01, 2018 3:29 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
captainmorgan wrote:I think it would be good to have a cooldown once you wake up, during which a bat cannot agro you, so you have maybe 10 seconds to get away. Obviously only for dungeon monsters, wouldn't apply to PVP or regular animals/bats

I've been complaining about this for years. Nothing like logging into a bear chewing your face off and you can't do anything until you're almost KO.

That's not really the same issue. Build a little fence around yourself before you log out if this is a big thing for you.
captainmorgan

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 01, 2018 6:16 pm

But it is. The game presents the character to the world before the client is fully loaded, whether you're logging in for the day, moving from outside to inside a house, or changing levels in the world. While there isn't the longer load times between instances that there are with bigger games like ESO and WoW (mostly due to the smaller amount of data), the principle is still the same, and the data transfer is still the same.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Announcements