Game Development: A Bat out of Hell

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Bat out of Hell

Postby dafels » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:13 pm

jorb wrote:
dafels wrote:most notable updates for the past 3 months: a new dungeon, new hats, canceled combat update.

List of meaningless updates that do not address huge problems that haven has for a long time

Some of these are nice tho
dafels

Postby Kaios » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 pm

jorb wrote:Player driven screenshot feed

I like this but I was disappointed to find I cannot upload old screenshots I've taken and there should be featured screenshots that change weekly or monthly
Kaios

Postby leanne69 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Just tried the bat cave. We all get KO'ed and almost got all killed cause we couldn't port back to heartfire and got constantly KO'ed. Please consider allowing people to port out when KO'ed!
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby shubla » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 pm

jorb wrote:[*] With the big project of the past few weeks done and dusted, we are going to shift gears instead to a new project, namely the completion of the client rendering rewrite. The rewrite has been almost a year in the making, and we'd like to see it finished. For the coming weeks, until completion, we will drop small, one-day patches, while loftar dedicates remaining dev time toward the client rendering rewrite. This sucks a bit, but having loftar tied up in this project indefinitely sucks more.!

Would be neat to have some kind of insight on how long it will take. I am sure there should be a rough estimation already? Have you done 80% of it? 50%? 15%?

It is a good idea though! To focus on the rewrite, even though it would result in less new hats and birds for some time.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm

leanne69 wrote:Just tried the bat cave. We all get KO'ed and almost got all killed cause we couldn't port back to heartfire and got constantly KO'ed. Please consider allowing people to port out when KO'ed!

job done well. its supposed to be a hard dungeon, gets your adrenaline pumping ;)
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby stya » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:49 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LToq-b32CBA&feature=youtu.be

(HARDMODE)

We had pretty much the same today, only way is to spam aoe and MUTE THE CANCEROUS SOUND :lol:
stya

Postby Onep » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:53 am

leanne69 wrote:Just tried the bat cave. We all get KO'ed and almost got all killed cause we couldn't port back to heartfire and got constantly KO'ed. Please consider allowing people to port out when KO'ed!

git gud
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Bowshot125 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Nice new dungeon
Bowshot125

Postby loftar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:11 pm

shubla wrote:Would be neat to have some kind of insight on how long it will take. I am sure there should be a rough estimation already? Have you done 80% of it? 50%? 15%?

It's a complex enough project that it's difficult for me to give such estimates, but I'll consider doing some kind of high-level write-up on the "architecture" of the project and its steps, and where I'm currently at.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements