Game Development: Parka Blewit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Parka Blewit

Postby iamahh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:32 pm

I like the new road UI. I liked the old one too, but I also like the new one. The new one can have window position remembered. Takes a coulpe times to get used to, but eventually it happens.
iamahh

Postby CaddoPuma » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 pm

waga wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:new road ui feels way worse tbh

being able to click it from distance make it ok tbh.
But yeah ... not sure why people dislike the flower menu

I'll take the time to explain if you will take the time to read the explanation. It will NOT be short. My asnswer to any buttheads who love to reply "TLDR. FO, Loser noob" Then let this answer suffice: "I hate flower menu. FO, Loser noob."

Having eliminated those elitist jerks, let's begin.

Our village often recruits member who are not only new to the village, but also new to the game. I was one such recruit months ago.

When I first came across a roadsign labelled "Harbor", I thought, "Cool! I'll click this and go to the harbor!" And so I did.
Then after I looked around at the harbor for a while I decided I wanted to go check out the ranch. So I click the sign by the harbor, expecting to see "Ranch" and "Farm" and "Mines" etc. But what I saw was "Harbor". And I totally panicked. "How the heck to I get back to where I came from? I am AT the freaking harbor, why the heck would I want to travel along the Harbor?!?!?!"

Our village eliminated that confusion by mandating that all roads inside the village MUST be named using the following format: [1st location] <> [2nd location]. For example, we have a road named <redacted> Farms <> Harbor, indicating this road can be used to travel from this farm owned by and named after a villager to the harbor OR from the harbor to that farm.

But then when you put 4 roads named according to this format on a flower menu, you have the option boxes overlapping and obscuring either the beginning or end of the option so sometimes you think you are clicking travel but you are clicking follow or you think you are traveling to the harbor but you actually clicked the mines, simply because you didnt see the crucial piece of the road name that was obscurred by another option.

THAT is why I HATE the flower menu and LOVE the new UI
CaddoPuma

Postby Yasodhara » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Are we going to get dev stream this month?
Yasodhara

Postby Thedrah » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 pm

will the roads be expanded upon more? such as the option to continue traveling? or maybe have it more fast travel than teleporting?
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby LadyGoo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Thedrah wrote:will the roads be expanded upon more? such as the option to continue traveling? or maybe have it more fast travel than teleporting?
What do you mean by fast travel?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Thedrah » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:55 pm

LadyGoo wrote:
Thedrah wrote:will the roads be expanded upon more? such as the option to continue traveling? or maybe have it more fast travel than teleporting?

yeah, the fast travel is basicly instantly teleporting. to travel 100 minimaps of space in a matter of seconds belittles the size of the world while trivializing travel. perfect world imo, would be quickly moving through the map but not running/swimming/jumping. such as the hearthling turns into a shadow or bird to travel quickly, it's a shame so many places get forgotten. maybe make teleporting via charter stone/portico cheaper but late world i guess it gets cheaper somewhat
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Aceb » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:03 pm

Thedrah wrote:
LadyGoo wrote:

yeah, the fast travel is basicly instantly teleporting. to travel 100 minimaps of space in a matter of seconds belittles the size of the world while trivializing travel. perfect world imo, would be quickly moving through the map but not running/swimming/jumping. such as the hearthling turns into a shadow or bird to travel quickly, it's a shame so many places get forgotten. maybe make teleporting via charter stone/portico cheaper but late world i guess it gets cheaper somewhat

Imho, it might lead to situation where people with worsePC would have client crash or lag for just share amount of loading when traveling in form of shadow. It is good as it is. It might be trivializing, but You do not forage or explore that way so.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:22 am

Aceb wrote:it might lead to situation where people with worsePC would have client crash or lag for just share amount of loading when traveling in form of shadow.
I tried that (by having a character oscillating around a map border crossing, forcing load/unload of the surrounding, filled with objects, areas) on a shitty PC, no issues (apart from increased bandwith)
It is good as it is. It might be trivializing, but You do not forage or explore that way so.

No. Yes, and it's so bad that it should be changed.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:50 am

CaddoPuma wrote:THAT is why I HATE the flower menu and LOVE the new UI

ya everyone hated that which is why it was suggested that the flower menu just opens in a neat list or something rather than some overlapping circle and this would be a lot better looking imo
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:46 am

I would still prefer an overhaul of how roads work (to remove milestone clutter on the map and make them more natural), regardless of it getting rid of teleportation or not.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements