Game Development: Parka Blewit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Parka Blewit

Postby loftar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:35 pm

MrBunzy wrote:It was helpful to be able to see the names of far off road segments by right clicking them

In that case, I'd rather make it so that the window can be opened at a distance, which I considered, but found it inconsistent with mostly all other UI. Not entirely sure yet if it's worth being inconsistent for.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Astarisk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm

loftar wrote:
MrBunzy wrote:It was helpful to be able to see the names of far off road segments by right clicking them

In that case, I'd rather make it so that the window can be opened at a distance, which I considered, but found it inconsistent with mostly all other UI. Not entirely sure yet if it's worth being inconsistent for.

Yeah, this new UI is more trouble than the old one. Its a few steps back imo. Should take inspiration from some of the older custom clients that just put all the flowermenu options into a box instead of a circle. At least that way its still all readable and usable..
Last edited by Astarisk on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby ctopolon3 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm

no more every thursday update ?
ctopolon3

Postby Ants » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm

THE NEW HAT IS SO CUTE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 pm

ctopolon3 wrote:no more every thursday update ?

Since we'll only be working together one day a week, rather than three, you will get the patches on Tuesdays instead, but it may vary.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Monday patch? I'll take it 8-)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:40 pm

Redseas wrote:
MrBunzy wrote:
jorb wrote:Improved the user interface for roads, by implementing a dedicated one, instead of using the flower menu.

Can you consider reverting this change for road segments, and leaving it in only for the endpoint? It was helpful to be able to see the names of far off road segments by right clicking them, and now it seems you will need to walk to each one to see what options are on it. Continuing along roads that get waylaid will be even more annoying now, and it was already pretty bad.

This. Connecting roads along existing paths, and just building roads in general has just gotten much harder.

Whinebags!

Made it so that the road UI can be opened from a distance.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:43 pm

I really liked the idea of growing mushrooms on old logs, maybe build on to the mirkwood theme from this week by giving them a chance of spawning mushrooms on them as well when they decay?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Redseas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:44 pm

jorb wrote:
Whinebags!

Made it so that the road UI can be opened from a distance.

ily <3

Can we not complain when our lives are made more difficult? D:
Redseas

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:46 pm

new road ui feels way worse tbh

or i at least hate how it stops you when you click on the milestone or milestone segment
Last edited by ChildhoodObesity on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements