Game Development: Hookah Vines

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Hookah Vines

Postby Kaios » Wed May 02, 2018 2:29 am

I think it's weird that you made this paving decay change before changing village claims to reasonably allow for claiming far beyond the walls that surround the idol.
Kaios

Postby ctopolon3 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:30 am

could paving not decay if its road from active claim to another active.
road builders should hate this patch

Kaios wrote:changing village claims to reasonably allow for claiming far beyond the walls

someone makes village around village for protection, what u talking about?
ctopolon3

Postby infectedking3 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:46 am

Onep wrote:
infectedking wrote:Does this tile decay affect active claim tiles? Or just inactive?

Holy fuck learn to read. Literally says it in the post.

Since this itself is its own sentence, it can be taken either way, which is why I thought I'd ask for confirmation on it.
I think you need to calm down, maybe have another drink?
Attachments
IMG_20180502_114622.png
IMG_20180502_114622.png (96.18 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
infectedking3

Postby Kaios » Wed May 02, 2018 2:50 am

ctopolon3 wrote:someone makes village around village for protection, what u talking about?

I mean you can't extend the village claim inside your walls too far beyond your walls because the banner can be hit far from your vision and the shield would be drained before you would realize you're being raided. It would be nice to be able to expand village claims without the risk of being raided too easily.
Kaios

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 am

Someone was asking for more girly things recently...

infectedking3 wrote: I thought I'd ask for confirmation on it.

The confirmation is literally in the very next sentence after the one you circled.

But I agree with you. Onep needs to calm down. Take a hit off the hookah, and chase the dragon a bit. :lol:
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby infectedking3 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:02 am

jorb wrote:If decay hits a paved tile, without an active claim, bordering a natural tile, or bordering another tile with vines already on it, vines may start growing over the hit tile. Further decay hits to tiles with vines will cause the vines to grow, until, finally, with the fourth hit, the paving, and the vines growing over it, are removed, decaying to a bordering natural tile.

It says that "if a decay hits a paced tile without an active claim" but doesn't say whether or not it can hit a tile with an active claim, hense the question
infectedking3

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 02, 2018 3:21 am

I'm sure you're not the only one that might be missing it. If I'm reading it correctly, this is the best rewording I can think of. The tl;dr answer your question, no, I don't think a claim will completely protect paved tiles.

A paved tile can become vine covered in three circumstances:

1. The tile is not on an active claim. OR
2. The tile is adjacent to a natural tile. OR
3. The tile is adjacent to a vine covered tile.

In a large paved area, the outer-most tiles are subject to being overgrown, but the inner tiles will be protected. This protection will slowly slip with time as vines start to grow inward, and the outer tiles will eventually start decaying away.

I think the picture is telling in that the outside tiles became vine-covered (probably set up for demo purposes) but the inner tiles are safe for the moment. The next time decay hits, they'll be subject to taking the hits.

I like this for getting rid of landscaping where dead claims used to be, but if I'm right, it needs something to keep the paving neat and tidy over time.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Amanda44 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 am

loftar wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:are they destructible on claims or just anywhere, unclaimed ones too?

They are always destructible.

Ok, thank you.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Ants » Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 am

It's not possible to pick up dead animals in the water. Pls fix.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby arkabol » Wed May 02, 2018 3:40 am

Ants wrote:It's not possible to pick up dead animals in the water. Pls fix.

Try mini map, it should work. It's a hassle, but what can we do?
arkabol

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements