Game Development: Pearl Slime

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pearl Slime

Postby GamingRAM » Tue May 08, 2018 1:01 am

I swear Jorb, sometimes I think you really are clueless when it comes to economics, or just don't give a damn about it.

Chicken Hat looks very tempting.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Sprymazi » Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 am

Pretty expensive for very little LP, guess the exp cost is very low, but still, anyone that can make steel can also sustain a stable exp income easily. Maybe for high levels feeding their alts with LP that have infinite steel bars to spare.
Recipe for the slinky: 6 steel nuggets. Must be crafted on an anvil.
Attachments
slinky.png
slinky.png (73.84 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
Sprymazi

Postby jordancoles » Tue May 08, 2018 1:22 am

jorb wrote:Added "Slinky", curiosity.

"What should I add this week to my fantasy survival game?"
>looks around desk
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ancaladar » Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 am

Happy 150 topics, erryone
Ancaladar

Postby Sprymazi » Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 am

Noticed now, that if you drop the slinky on the ground, it bounces around like a real slinky (except there are no stairs) on the ground; it actually moves around.
Sprymazi

Postby Ants » Tue May 08, 2018 1:38 am

GamingRAM wrote:I swear Jorb, sometimes I think you really are clueless when it comes to economics, or just don't give a damn about it.

Chicken Hat looks very tempting.

Yeah, this new credo is gonna make the price of pearls drop to nearly nothing on the market. Yet another source of income for noobs is gone..

The hat is super cute though!
hathatt.png
hathatt.png (84.39 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Dakkan » Tue May 08, 2018 2:35 am

jorb wrote:Noticed that cave hermits can't eat slimes since the update. Hard to fix. Contemplating. You can still eat them using the fork cursor from a table.

Came here to mention this, it's a pretty subtle but nice feature of cave hermit that I've grown to appreciate a lot during underground wanderings.

Love the slime being stored in barrels now!

And while I enjoy credos, this one took me by surprise. Also when I told people they thought I was making a joke. It was specifically stated on one of the recent streams how you like that pearls retain value throughout the age of the world and that beginners are able to exploit this economic niche, but then this credo? Which requires gem hunter? Won't this result in advanced players being the prime bulk pearl suppliers now? I guess I don't care, but I'm pretty apathetic lately. Nothing really matters anymore.

Edit: Maybe if the credo was easier to access to new players, like just requiring forager. But then I'm sure there are problems with making it easy to mass produce pearl harvesting alts/bots?
Dakkan

Postby jordancoles » Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 am

Dakkan wrote:
jorb wrote:Noticed that cave hermits can't eat slimes since the update. Hard to fix. Contemplating. You can still eat them using the fork cursor from a table.

Came here to mention this, it's a pretty subtle but nice feature of cave hermit that I've grown to appreciate a lot during underground wanderings.

Love the slime being stored in barrels now!

And while I enjoy credos, this one took me by surprise. Also when I told people they thought I was making a joke. It was specifically stated on one of the recent streams how you like that pearls retain value throughout the age of the world and that beginners are able to exploit this economic niche, but then this credo? Which requires gem hunter? Won't this result in advanced players being the prime bulk pearl suppliers now? I guess I don't care, but I'm pretty apathetic lately. Nothing really matters anymore.

Edit: Maybe if the credo was easier to access to new players, like just requiring forager. But then I'm sure there are problems with making it easy to mass produce pearl harvesting alts/bots?

I'm also a little put-off by the change to pearls, and also the additional swim speed buff tbh

Any buff to movement automatically becomes a requirement if you're a top-level PVP character and pearls have always been a relatively low-requirement grind for new players. Pearls were one of the few things that they could offer to the elitists at any stage in the world. Devaluing pearls and giving lower harvest rates to the already established players really messes with trade
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby GamingRAM » Tue May 08, 2018 2:58 am

jordancoles wrote:Any buff to movement automatically becomes a requirement if you're a top-level PVP character and pearls have always been a relatively low-requirement grind for new players. Pearls were one of the few things that they could offer to the elitists at any stage in the world. Devaluing pearls and giving lower harvest rates to the already established players really messes with trade

It's garden pots and bluebells all over again.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby loftar » Tue May 08, 2018 4:07 am

GamingRAM wrote:It's garden pots and bluebells all over again.

There are a few details in how pearls work that make me suspect that is not going to be the case.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements