Game Development: Pearl Slime

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pearl Slime

Postby ricky » Tue May 08, 2018 6:55 am

Ants wrote:I agree. It would make more sense if there were different types of pearls, at least.
GamingRAM wrote:What I'd do:

Introduce this new Pearl Credo BUT
also introduce new variations of Pearls, for example Red & Blue pearls that are unaffected by this credo and is significantly rarer than the currently existing pearls
and have all LP Boosting Pearl Wear decay with use. I know Jorb doesn't like it, but decay can be very good for an economy. An economy is like a body of water, it needs to keep flowing else it gets murky. If decay with use is fine with tableware, I see no reason why not for LP Boosting items.

Pearls should definitely fall under the gem category now and have a dozen or so variations, with brilliant jotun pearls being the best. perhaps exclude them from enhancement at a gemcutter's wheel, then this credo would be some absolutely prime.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby ctopolon3 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:19 am

iwas hoping that i'll finish all credos this week
ctopolon3

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue May 08, 2018 1:03 pm

azrid wrote:Image
There is something satisfying about gathering slime in barrels.
Pearl credo seems a bit too specific to me. A credo dedicated for 1 item :D

i think thats the point, if you are willing to make the investment into a single item, does the benefit of it outweigh the fact that all your other credos will become that much harder. I dont see any specific issue with the credo alone. I welcome more credos in the future. a quaint update, though im not sure it effects me much lol
AntiBlitz

Postby loftar » Tue May 08, 2018 1:25 pm

jordancoles wrote:If their drop rate has been significantly buffed

That's not exactly how they work.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby » Tue May 08, 2018 2:03 pm

jorb wrote:Significantly increased chances of finding pearls.

Is this chance increased for the mussel when it's harvested, or for all mussels whenever any are boiled?

Postby Slave101 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:40 pm

First the strider credo came, now pvpers will sprint out to get this for the swim speed, meanwhile all the sprucecap warriors that are not that into being ganked by a 10k stat fully equipped toon might just as well stop up and let them kill you since it will be impossible to run or swim away. This is a bad development for the little guy.
Slave101

Postby Ukhata » Tue May 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Slave101 wrote:First the strider credo came, now pvpers will sprint out to get this for the swim speed, meanwhile all the sprucecap warriors that are not that into being ganked by a 10k stat fully equipped toon might just as well stop up and let them kill you since it will be impossible to run or swim away. This is a bad development for the little guy.

noone is stopping you from doing these quests....
Ukhata

Postby Slave101 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Ukhata wrote:
Slave101 wrote:First the strider credo came, now pvpers will sprint out to get this for the swim speed, meanwhile all the sprucecap warriors that are not that into being ganked by a 10k stat fully equipped toon might just as well stop up and let them kill you since it will be impossible to run or swim away. This is a bad development for the little guy.

noone is stopping you from doing these quests....

Scroll up to the guy with 32 quests per credo lvl.
Slave101

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue May 08, 2018 4:45 pm

i have the credo and coracles are better, just carry a coracle. this credo is useless 4 pvpers
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Detharon » Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Hmpfh, I've returned to the game about 2 months ago after a long hiatus, and trading was the main factor that kept me hooked, because it allowed me to progress rapidly even as a hermit. Pearls were one of the most profitable goods for me, so I'm not happy to hear that they'll soon become more common for those who bought them.

The recurring problem of every world I played was the ever increasing gap between players, and since possible risks of letting a noob in outweigh the benefits of having another decent player, well-organized villages reluctantly admit new players. Making young characters even more useless just makes it worse.
Detharon

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements