Game Development: A Beesting Easely

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: A Beesting Easely

Postby Ardennesss » Tue May 15, 2018 2:09 am

So rather than nerfing great wax seals, you made it nearly impossible to mass gather wax without getting yourself killed. Sweet. Very immersive update, 10/10. 18 HHP damage gathering 11 wax.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Riou1231 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 am

So are we going to have wounds for every activity in the game now?
I like apple juice.
Riou1231

Postby dominicgorski2 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 am

Not a fan of the bee sting when you harvest wax. Is it an attempt to make wax more valuable? Can we get some sort of smoker device to prevent or lessen these stings?
dominicgorski2

Postby Thedrah » Tue May 15, 2018 2:51 am

35wax and 2wounds for 9hhp. seems low chance.... but i expect the chance of a beesting goes up depending on how many beeskeps are within the area, mine area scattered about, first wound was where 2 skeps touched. maybe one every other tile (or few tiles) for wound free wax production

wound says further beestings will hurt worse. 3 then 6 for the wounds on my character. would bee nice for stinging poultice to be used unless beestings go away quickly already
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby boreial » Tue May 15, 2018 2:51 am

Any adverse effects for using Kelp Cream?
boreial

Postby Ardennesss » Tue May 15, 2018 3:07 am

Thedrah wrote:35wax and 2wounds for 9hhp. seems low chance.... but i expect the chance of a beesting goes up depending on how many beeskeps are within the area, mine area scattered about, first wound was where 2 skeps touched. maybe one every other tile (or few tiles) for wound free wax production

wound says further beestings will hurt worse. 3 then 6 for the wounds on my character. would bee nice for stinging poultice to be used unless beestings go away quickly already

I took 18 HHP in 11 wax, keeps were 15 tiles away. Has been over an hour and not a single point has fallen off any of the 3 wounds, above 8k energy of course. So either my dice rolls are horrible, or yours are very good.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Thedrah » Tue May 15, 2018 3:10 am

Ardennesss wrote:
Thedrah wrote:35wax and 2wounds for 9hhp. seems low chance.... but i expect the chance of a beesting goes up depending on how many beeskeps are within the area, mine area scattered about, first wound was where 2 skeps touched. maybe one every other tile (or few tiles) for wound free wax production

I took 18 HHP in 11 wax, keeps were 15 tiles away. Has been over an hour and not a single point has fallen off any of the 3 wounds, above 8k energy of course. So either my dice rolls are horrible, or yours are very good.

yeah, data is way off then. i have all skills learned (main char as a hermit) with farmer credo (no gardener). i have some points in every skill with farming well above the q of beeskep. i doubt quality of the hive matters in the wound roll but still idk
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby jordancoles » Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 am

dominicgorski2 wrote:Can we get some sort of smoker device to prevent or lessen these stings?

A bellows would be nice

leather, string and some metal nuggets or something. Use it on a lit fire to get 5-10 charges you can use on the hives maybe?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby algeralith » Tue May 15, 2018 3:19 am

jorb wrote:[*] Added "Beesting", wound.

Haven and Alts!

Really though, at some point you should realize that adding new wound types for general activities provide little to no benefit at all.
Eventually it'll just reach a point where it is easier to just do everything on alt characters instead of dealing with the headache of wounds.
Its going to become cancer, but I guess tedium is a feature after all.
algeralith

Postby NeoRed9 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:29 am

jorb wrote:[*] Changed Wicker Picker from requiring straw twine to requiring branches. Suggested here.

As long as you're fixing progression, the bow is available to noobs before the sling because of the leather requirement. It turns new players off marksmanship.
NeoRed9

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements