Game Development: Cabinet Swarm

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Cabinet Swarm

Postby loftar » Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 am

✧ wrote:About tree regrowth: Do e.g. cherry trees always cause more cherry trees to grow nearby?

Well, if there are other trees than cherries in the area, then it might not necessarily be cherry trees that grow, but yes.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby waga » Tue May 22, 2018 1:13 am

Yeah about that breeding ... sound like a ton of fun to have 1 separate fence for Hi Q breeding , then one for milk quantity , then milk quality , then one for super fusion pokemon.
Then you multiply that by number of domesticated animals.
Yup , ton of fun.
waga

Postby Redlaw » Tue May 22, 2018 1:13 am

loftar wrote:
✧ wrote:About tree regrowth: Do e.g. cherry trees always cause more cherry trees to grow nearby?

Well, if there are other trees than cherries in the area, then it might not necessarily be cherry trees that grow, but yes.

So want a natural apple grove, cut everything down but apples... noted and thats really cool if you think if it, prunning an area to get it to grow the trees you want on your own, is cool in a way. Also would take a lot of work... I approve.
Redlaw

Postby Ants » Tue May 22, 2018 1:17 am

I think the metal cabinets should be given the same amount of storage space and the same functionality as normal cabinets. They look weird outside and they're expensive to make, so people are probably going to keep using chests for outdoor storage.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby » Tue May 22, 2018 1:18 am

loftar wrote:

Ty for the answer :D

Another question about the mechanic: How dense will trees get? I'm assuming there's something in there to stop all wilderness from eventually turning into an impenetrable tree wall.

Postby loftar » Tue May 22, 2018 1:18 am

✧ wrote:How dense will trees get? I'm assuming there's something in there to stop all wilderness from eventually turning into an impenetrable tree wall.

Not particularly dense, indeed.

They also don't really spread in an uninhibited manner.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 am

hahayes keep up the cool hats
ChildhoodObesity

Postby » Tue May 22, 2018 1:26 am

More questions about the tree growth:

Does it apply to bushes as well, or trees only?

Does it apply in caves to cave trees/bushes?

Does it apply only on forest terrain, or can it cause trees to grow (and spread forest terrain) onto nearby open grassland?

If so, what happens if a grassland tree sprouts in the grassland? Will it start spreading wald / destroying the grassland a little bit until it's eventually forest?

Um, ty for any answers and the ones already given xD

Postby Ants » Tue May 22, 2018 1:27 am

Image of the hat, for those of you who are curious:
Dropping the hat on the ground makes it look like there's a living squid just hanging out, so it's a hat that doubles as a pet.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Thedrah » Tue May 22, 2018 1:30 am

+1 to no lifting when full and please add keys/locks with a name change to locker, dont care about soak. would be nice for more storage as 42 slots for any 6 metal bars is a little cumbersome for the non villager

right now they don't replace cupboards for outside/inside use to me, simply because space. i still will have a wall of cupboards that i never move outside and suck it up with a repair every once in awhile. the 42 to 64 slots is just too much. although, i would rather see it as a locker for village use possibly with glass keys and such, for communal living arrangements. sort of like a cheap strongbox

i am thrilled it is colored and thus grouped/organized so maybe that'll be enough to go 8boards>6bars and 64slots>42slots in some situations

edit: does the spawned tree start at 10/30 or fullgrown? does it inherit quality? i would hope 10q and 10/30growth
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements