Game Development: Post Rose

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Post Rose

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:22 am

loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem to do anything to stop bots from planting a crop every hour to maximize quality gain rolls. Though it definitely is a welcome change.

You tell me why it wouldn't work, but that's exactly what it was intended to make unnecessary. Since you don't lose anything from waiting a day or two with replanting, there should be no need to bot it.

But if you plant every hour, you get as many tries to get a perfect +5 quality gain, don't you? Where as a normal farm harvest would get anywhere from -2 to +5.
DDDsDD999

Postby DatSheep » Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 am

Really liking the new alloy and mailbox idea, but my concern is that the rose gold is too...orange? Could keep the color and have it be a lot lighter in shade, maybe to increase aesthetic points. Anyhoo gj guys! :D
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby tyrtix » Tue May 29, 2018 1:25 am

botters harvest seeds mostly, for what i know, so they'll still bot them as they have one less state to go trough.
tyrtix

Postby jorb » Tue May 29, 2018 1:26 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't seem to do anything to stop bots from planting a crop every hour to maximize quality gain rolls. Though it definitely is a welcome change.

You tell me why it wouldn't work, but that's exactly what it was intended to make unnecessary. Since you don't lose anything from waiting a day or two with replanting, there should be no need to bot it.

But if you plant every hour, you get as many tries to get a perfect +5 quality gain, don't you? Where as a normal farm harvest would get anywhere from -2 to +5.

Right, there's that too. Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby waga » Tue May 29, 2018 1:26 am

loftar wrote:

Yeah that will just force me to double my quality fields.
To have some fields with extra time stored.
Cool update , I'll check where to find a bot.
waga

Postby loftar » Tue May 29, 2018 1:27 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:But if you plant every hour, you get as many tries to get a perfect +5 quality gain, don't you? Where as a normal farm harvest would get anywhere from -2 to +5.

Sure, I guess, but unless you truly feel a need to plant every hour, you can choose a number of planting times within the three days of full buffering effect, in which case you should have a pretty good chance of getting +5 on at least one of them.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby waga » Tue May 29, 2018 1:30 am

loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:But if you plant every hour, you get as many tries to get a perfect +5 quality gain, don't you? Where as a normal farm harvest would get anywhere from -2 to +5.

Sure, I guess, but unless you truly feel a need to plant every hour, you can choose a number of planting times within the three days of full buffering effect, in which case you should have a pretty good chance of getting +5 on at least one of them.

so reduce the impact of bots by forcing us to plant more fields ??
it has to be a joke right ?? right ???
waga

Postby Amanda44 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:33 am

There is some issue with the custom client, I crashed opening a cupboard and now can't log back in on Amber ... I can play on default though. :(
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby boreial » Tue May 29, 2018 1:39 am

not sure what has caused it either, but putting a LEEK on finger aka on icon, crashes both purus and amber as well, does not affect standard client
boreial

Postby rishani » Tue May 29, 2018 1:41 am

Seems that anytime I try to grab a new tool, or open a cabinet, the game crashes with both Amber and Ender. And apparently I'm not the only one with these issues, hmm.
rishani

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements