Game Development: Mercury Bones

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mercury Bones

Postby Ants » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Another type of cloth, WOOOO! I love the color.

Can we get more thatching options next? Preferably something pinkish or red. Some sort of blue stone would be a great aesthetic addition as well.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Scilly_guy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:46 am

Thedrah wrote:why is it the last growth stage for crops? for me the best time to harvest is at seeds for easier replanting. makes carrots, turnips, and somewhat leeks annoying to grow. and beetroot aswell as all plants seem to vary in growth time a little. but this way, it's easier to expand crops with seeds/root vs by tile

i do wish the last stages for crops all gave seeds. irl, most plants act that way. leeks, onion, and carrots generally grow seed in the second year. stuff grown from seed vs from tuber generally grows larger but ingame, we plant carrots instead of carrot seeds for higher quality which is odd to me

I agree, I do think different crops should have different mechanics though, just to add some variety but I do think there should be some reward for harvesting at the correct time and not having the final stage always being the best time to harvest, although this of course benefits bots the most so maybe its not the way forward.

I would like to see carrots and leeks have stages similar to this:
planted
small growth
harvestable for 1 leek/carrot same q as planted
harvestable for 3 leeks/carrots same q as planted
harvestable for 1 leek/carrot plus 5 seed of new q
harvestable for 15 seed of new q
after 3 days at 15 seed it drops to 5 seed of new q

This has the effect that if you want to grind q you can leave the plant as long as you like, but if you want to expand your stock of seed you have to pay attention, although not that much. If you want to actually get a usable product you have to harvest at the correct time. The best time to harvest actually depends on the outcome you want.
Scilly_guy

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 am

VDZ wrote:Does anybody have an in-game screenshot of the new hat?

pheonix wrote:i think i got this from when i made felt.
Bugger

Great ... yet another injury, so the intended aim is for everything you need to do or make in game to come with an injury and stat loss? So much fun. :|

synaris wrote:BUT in my experiance cinnebar is rare as hell. unless im unlucky as hell, we're looking at a VERY finite resource. unless someone has a cinnebar filled stone patch on the surface that they can dig on.

also felt is that dark blue? i want that instead of silk for my bed.

I find from level 3 downwards nodes are plentiful enough when mining and level 5 is good for boulders.
And yeah, I'm rebuilding my beds to have felt and silk, should look really nice. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:28 am

TUXEDO WHEN??
ChildhoodObesity

Postby VDZ » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:23 am

Amanda44 wrote:[screenshot]

Thanks.
VDZ

Postby Thedrah » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 pm

hmm with the crop magic change to seeds. there still is the exploit/trick to turn over crops at different times and harvest the whole field at the same time.
say you have a field of flax of 10x10, plant the field all at once. then harvest and plant 2 rows at a time, then do that 2 hours apart so you would have quality variation of over 10hours and they all are ready to harvest at the same time which you can then harvest and replant the highest q seeds. id harvest a column while figuring out which had the best q, then harvest a row of the best q. plant the seed where you harvested and continue with the 2hr interval for the 10hrs

i'd like to see the tuber crops have two lifecycles, one produces seeds and the other produces tubers. irl tubers are saved over the winter (in a root pit/cellar) and planted the next year. this was for carrots, beets, turnips, and onions. but if the plant is stressed(no water, bad soil, bugs/disease), they could flower/seed within the first year which is called bolting. would be interesting if we had to plant the tuber to get seed and seed was the only way to increase q resulting in a spiral. some stuff like onions do split and make more but they come out smaller than by planting by seed in the first year. ingame and mechanic wise though, i would want to lengthen/complicate the lifecycle of tubers/onions for a larger gain be it quality or quantity (turnips going to seed in 16hours/2ingame days feels odd)
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Thedrah wrote:hmm with the crop magic change to seeds. there still is the exploit/trick to turn over crops at different times and harvest the whole field at the same time.
say you have a field of flax of 10x10, plant the field all at once. then harvest and plant 2 rows at a time, then do that 2 hours apart so you would have quality variation of over 10hours and they all are ready to harvest at the same time which you can then harvest and replant the highest q seeds. id harvest a column while figuring out which had the best q, then harvest a row of the best q. plant the seed where you harvested and continue with the 2hr interval for the 10hrs

Which is what I was complaining about in the original thread. I've suggested having flat quality gains for a long time now to fix it, but no one seems to want to fix quality crop bots.

Also, I have a question regarding the crop speed-boost: If you have a crop that takes 2.5 days to grow, you leave it at full stage for 3 days, harvest and replant, will the overflow speed-boost be contained for the next round? Apparently crops grow at x2 speed with the speed-boost, which could often leave a lot of overflow cases.
DDDsDD999

Postby waga » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Thedrah wrote:hmm with the crop magic change to seeds. there still is the exploit/trick to turn over crops at different times and harvest the whole field at the same time.

That's not an exploit tho Oo
it's just playing the game and reducing variance.
waga

Postby shubla » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Skeletons, finally!

Maybe you could make dead domesticated animals eventually turn into skeletons as well if they are just left to be?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:30 am

Amanda44 wrote:
pheonix wrote:i think i got this from when i made felt.
Bugger

Great ... yet another injury, so the intended aim is for everything you need to do or make in game to come with an injury and stat loss? So much fun. :|

Beekeeper alts, quicksilver collecting alts, crab/hedgehog collecting alts, paving and terraform alts, coal mining alts, alts to collect bloated leech bait.. the list keeps getting bigger and I can't say my enjoyment of the game has gone up at all because of it
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements