Game Development: Mercury Bones

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mercury Bones

Postby Blaquetooth » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:23 am

Amanda44 wrote:
jorb wrote:
Sprymazi wrote:I just KNOW you added some sneaky wound like quicksilver poisoning or something

Paranoia is a symptom of quicksilver posioning... are you sure you haven't been exposed already?

:lol:

Nice update .. but what is it with you and colours? Rose gold turns out to be orange and cinnabar somehow makes a blue cloth ... :?
Anyhow, blue cloth is awesome, so ... :D

Also, love the hat! :D

Cinnabar is just the ore for the quicksilver. The felt could have been any color.
Blaquetooth

Postby Sprymazi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:44 am

The quicksilver needs to be stored in something when smelted, I used a bucket.
Attachments
Wall.png
Wall.png (207.47 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Quicksilver Globe.png
Quicksilver Globe.png (19.55 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Sprymazi

Postby Reyajh » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:52 am

Oh, one quick question (No pun intended.) If I drink the Mercury will my teeth turn blue? :P
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby neil6197 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:29 am

hmm...what is "Will chip away at giving other animals the same courtesy." mean?
neil6197

Postby Redlaw » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:34 am

neil6197 wrote:hmm...what is "Will chip away at giving other animals the same courtesy." mean?

they will add skeletons for all of them over time.
Redlaw

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:42 am

Good stuff
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby neil6197 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:40 am

Redlaw wrote:
neil6197 wrote:hmm...what is "Will chip away at giving other animals the same courtesy." mean?

they will add skeletons for all of them over time.

thanks you :D

is this patch same last patch about
"Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time"
?

if its true , how work on carrot or other crop be mature in 3 days.

suppose carrot need 2.5RL days to be mature
if i have a carrot was mature at 2.6 RL days ago , i replant it will get a mature carrot?(or just need few seconds be mature ?)

or this grown speed bonus has some restriction?
neil6197

Postby Reyajh » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 am

It appears to have some restriction. I have carrots that sat a good few days, for instance, and after just over 12 hours ago planted they are already almost all at stage 3.
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby Scilly_guy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am

I've been wanting felt for a long time, really though felt made using this method should be orange (although we already have orange cloth) and called carrot felt, this would allow for ANOTHER colour of cloth made from wool and soap, perhaps that one could be pink. I would also like to see Knitting be implemented, I am surprised with you two being Scandinavian that it hasn't been already. I would suggest knitting to be a process that converts spun wool directly into an item of clothing... a fishermans jumper for example, so isn't in fact a new mechanic but simply an item. It might be more fun if it was some how added as a minigame but I can't possibly think how.
Scilly_guy

Postby Thedrah » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am

why is it the last growth stage for crops? for me the best time to harvest is at seeds for easier replanting. makes carrots, turnips, and somewhat leeks annoying to grow. and beetroot aswell as all plants seem to vary in growth time a little. but this way, it's easier to expand crops with seeds/root vs by tile

i do wish the last stages for crops all gave seeds. irl, most plants act that way. leeks, onion, and carrots generally grow seed in the second year. stuff grown from seed vs from tuber generally grows larger but ingame, we plant carrots instead of carrot seeds for higher quality which is odd to me

neil6197 wrote:
Redlaw wrote:
neil6197 wrote:
is this patch same last patch about
"Replanting within 3 RL days of the crop reaching its final growth stage should not lose you any time"
?

if its true , how work on carrot or other crop be mature in 3 days.

suppose carrot need 2.5RL days to be mature
if i have a carrot was mature at 2.6 RL days ago , i replant it will get a mature carrot?(or just need few seconds be mature ?)

or this grown speed bonus has some restriction?

from what i've seen, crops grows at double speed until caught up. so the new carrot would grow in half the time
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements