Game Development: Mercury Bones

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mercury Bones

Postby Granger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Thedrah wrote:i do wish the last stages for crops all gave seeds.

This.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby DatSheep » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Granger wrote:
Thedrah wrote:i do wish the last stages for crops all gave seeds.

This.

Same here, even if just 5 seeds. Also great job with the update, I'll be having fun with it myself, but I still stand by my opinion of rose gold needing to change either in color or shade (lighter). :3
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Thedrah wrote:why is it the last growth stage for crops? for me the best time to harvest is at seeds for easier replanting. makes carrots, turnips, and somewhat leeks annoying to grow. and beetroot aswell as all plants seem to vary in growth time a little. but this way, it's easier to expand crops with seeds/root vs by tile

I'd say you're already getting your speed bonus then with the early harvest. Those that wait until last stage are actually going slower than you are. And just to note, this isn't a speed bonus so much as it is a nerf to the "need to bot" crops to push qualities higher in the shortest amount of time.

i do wish the last stages for crops all gave seeds.

While it seems strange, lets say you're the guy that can't always log in right on time to snag carrots, onions, or other crops that are normally biannuals. You'd always get (mostly) useless seeds, and never any vegetables or fruits. Let's keep it this way. Thanks.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby azrid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Loving the new metal types.
azrid

Postby VDZ » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Does anybody have an in-game screenshot of the new hat?
VDZ

Postby Granger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:53 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
i do wish the last stages for crops all gave seeds.

While it seems strange, lets say you're the guy that can't always log in right on time to snag carrots, onions, or other crops that are normally biannuals. You'd always get (mostly) useless seeds, and never any vegetables or fruits. Let's keep it this way. Thanks.

Debatable. It's unrealistic, take carrots for example: ever tried to plant one to get more of them? Didn't make sense. One should be able to decide if you want produce (thus harvest when they are ripe) or seeds (then harvest when they're seeding but the produce isn't that nice as it once was. I would be fine if last stage would give seeds and one item of produce, in case you want more you would have to harvest before the plants use the stored energy on producing seeds. In case the timing is bad it could always be extended...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby tyrtix » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 pm

what if the seeds/products gathered have sort of "mini-game" inside them so that you have to manually choose the seeds to plant for?
Something like that: you harvest plants and you get some seeds and products, then the seeds have different colours that shows if the next generation from them will grow in quality wich are blue, reduce in quality red, maybe grow more seeds or products too; doing like this, means people have to choose wich seeds to plant and wich not, and the type of seed is randomly generated.
tyrtix

Postby Astarisk » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Oh man, my fields are so striped with random growing times now that it's seed based. I got to make sure my granaries and barrels are all cleared prior to harvesting now. :lol:
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby synaris » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:07 pm

damn..... a hat i actually like.....

also fuck yeah, quicksilver. i love the idea of new metals and shit to play with. BUT in my experiance cinnebar is rare as hell. unless im unlucky as hell, we're looking at a VERY finite resource. unless someone has a cinnebar filled stone patch on the surface that they can dig on.

also felt is that dark blue? fuck yeah. i want that instead of silk for my bed.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby pheonix » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:29 pm

i think i got this from when i made felt.
Bugger
pheonix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements