Game Development: Ranger's Honey

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ranger's Honey

Postby Redlaw » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 am

The main thing that is making a difference is that potters clay needs to be made on a potters wheel. Allowing bone clay to be made the same way would change how none good its gotten I think.
Redlaw

Postby loftar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:37 am

waga wrote:the potter change accomplish absolutely nothing lol

Thanks for the highly thoughtful, useful and constructive critique lol
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Aceb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:37 am

Another brick is almost nothing, the only impact would have a slight change in formula or adding a new tedius item to it like sand or something to make us suffer more and make bone clay more revelant?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 am

loftar wrote:
julian12it wrote:Where's the client though?

Not sure what to answer that wouldn't be more or less an essay. That being said, may be worth writing one. Will consider. :)

Essay please and thank you
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Astarisk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 am

For Oak Stance, Death or Glory, Combat Meditation and Bloodlust, inverted the effect of disparity in combat stats between you and the opponent(s), so that you get a better effect from them the better your opponent is, rather than the other way around. This primarily to reduce the effectiveness of alts.

This seems like an interesting change, but it also scares me a lot. It could make alts more effective in combat since they will be a lot harder to take down. Focusing one down could just leave you vulnerable to double OP knock move combos or something. It encourages having low UA (Since ua doesn't determine damage) and a fuck ton of stre to follow up the OP Knocks. But this is just me speculating, so who knows, maybe it will be fine.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby MrBunzy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:41 am

jorb wrote:
  • For Oak Stance, Death or Glory, Combat Meditation and Bloodlust, inverted the effect of disparity in combat stats between you and the opponent(s)

An interesting change for sure, i'm looking forward to testing it, but i'm guessing oak stance will become a little too powerful. It's already the default for low stat fighters, and with this it might be incredibly hard to kill someone who just sits on oak and spams defenses, even with (especially with?) significantly higher stats.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby waga » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:42 am

loftar wrote:
waga wrote:the potter change accomplish absolutely nothing lol

Thanks for the highly thoughtful, useful and constructive critique lol

What do you want me to say ?
I don't even see how you could think that bricks were a limiting factor in the creation of potter clay.
i'm speechless , so yeah , I prefer to laugh about it.

If you have no idea , make a thread like you guys did with archery , that would be a good start. (and apreciated , I would love if you do this more often when it really matters)
Last edited by waga on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
waga

Postby loftar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 am

Redlaw wrote:The main thing that is making a difference is that potters clay needs to be made on a potters wheel.

Oh, right, I had actually totally forgotten that potter's clay is made on a potter's wheel. Will consider a change.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby RedKGB » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 am

Yes Essay please.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 am

Astarisk wrote:
For Oak Stance, Death or Glory, Combat Meditation and Bloodlust, inverted the effect of disparity in combat stats between you and the opponent(s), so that you get a better effect from them the better your opponent is, rather than the other way around. This primarily to reduce the effectiveness of alts.

This seems like an interesting change, but it also scares me a lot. It could make alts more effective in combat since they will be a lot harder to take down. Focusing one down could just leave you vulnerable to double OP knock move combos or something. It encourages having low UA (Since ua doesn't determine damage) and a fuck ton of stre to follow up the OP Knocks. But this is just me speculating, so who knows, maybe it will be fine.

Op knock while alternating DoG and Combat med as needed are the worst aspects of the change imo, but at least OP knock is affected by UA weight so it won't be as effective if you're heavily out statting them. However, double op-knock isn't anything to brush off and if you have multiple characters using it it's pretty scary
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements