Game Development: Ranger's Honey

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ranger's Honey

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:12 am

I sorta like the idea of the combat change. Lower stat players have to rely on opportunity and maneuvers, while high statted players can be brain-dead attack machines. Haven't tried it though, so my thoughts may change.
DDDsDD999

Postby Ants » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 am

Bone clay still has no place. Love the skull throne fix, though.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby waga » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 am

AriZona wrote:
loftar wrote:
waga wrote:the potter change accomplish absolutely nothing lol

Thanks for the highly thoughtful, useful and constructive critique lol

IMHO , after introducing potter's clay the bone clay became redundant in making the top Q items. Deeper divergence in their applications should be made.

That's how I feel too , I wouldn't necessary nerf potter clay that already use rare ressource in its creation (rock crystal for wheel)
but instead would give bone clay more purposes ...

but this subject need a thread on its own .. like they[did with archery...
waga

Postby AriZona » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 am

Bone clay could bring bonuses to table items, while potter's clay to gardening and masonry.
AriZona

Postby waga » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:31 am

AriZona wrote:Bone clay could bring bonuses to table items, while potter's clay to gardening and masonry.

it already works like that with porcelaine , but it's very minimal.
but it's it only purpose , every kiln , tar kiln , wheel potter and any item used in spiraling are made from potter clay.
as long as they have the same purpose , one will never be used
waga

Postby Tammer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 am

I don't know that it is useful trying to balance potter's clay and bone clay. Whatever formulas are used, one type will always give a higher quality in the end game and people will use that one.

As I see it, they might be nicely balanced now (or before the extra brick) because they are useful in different eras of the world. When the world is young, wild animal quality will be higher than tree, flax, and metal quality. So bone clay is useful early world for high quality. Later when other qualities have spiraled up, potter's clay will better.

We still have porcelain dolls for potter's credo and porcelain plates can be nice, so bone clay is not useless. Maybe instead of trying to balance the potter/bone clay qualities you could add more items such as porcelain teapots and cups. Or perhaps porcelain tiles for paving.

edit: On the other hand, you could make bone clay more spiral-able by giving us a way to improve feldspar quality. Maybe grind it in some metal thingy that imparts its quality to the feldspar.
Tammer

Postby loftar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 am

julian12it wrote:Didn't mean as a joke or disrespectful way, just wanted to know how the progress is going.

Neither did I read it as such. I'm just bad at making predictions into the future (just ask Jorb and he'll do an eye-roll for you), so rather than trying to just make up some ind of estimate that I don't really believe in myself, I'd have to explain where I'm at and whither I'm going.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 am

loftar wrote:
julian12it wrote:Didn't mean as a joke or disrespectful way, just wanted to know how the progress is going.

Neither did I read it as such. I'm just bad at making predictions into the future (just ask Jorb and he'll do an eye-roll for you), so rather than trying to just make up some ind of estimate that I don't really believe in myself, I'd have to explain where I'm at and whither I'm going.

Please do!
I'll understand 30% of it and then hope for the best
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Thedrah » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 am

well imo you should have expectations for clay q. right now potters clay seems to be maxing out at 250 with most at 230. bone clay takes fine clay which is harder to collect let alone good q. bone clay usually maxed out at 200

imo potter clay should be nerfed to 80-120q max and be considered fine clay like pit or cave clay so it helps bone clay instead of compete with it. maybe remove the potters wheel part as that contribute a lot to the q. and the two bricks would be higher q than 1 brick afaik for bricks are easily gotten to a higher q

if not, what if potter credo gave a bonus to bone clay? or have the potters wheel affevt bone clay too
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby waga » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:49 am

there is some 302q sold in cf right now ... (I can even sell you higher q if you want :^) )
While making bone clay the best clay on paper might looks like a good idea , in practice it would be terrible , collecting cave clay is the perfect bot job and an absolute bitch for a normal player.
You could argue to make it pit clay only I guess , but I'm not a fan to make special ressources even more OP than they already are...

I don't understand what's the problem with potter clay anyway ... spiraling is good for the game , it makes the trades and the game interesting ...
Bone clay need some new purposes though ... that seems pretty clear , cos right now it's useless.(or almost)
waga

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements