Game Development: Ranger's Honey

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ranger's Honey

Postby synaris » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:08 am

For Oak Stance, Death or Glory, Combat Meditation and Bloodlust, inverted the effect of disparity in combat stats between you and the opponent(s), so that you get a better effect from them the better your opponent is, rather than the other way around. This primarily to reduce the effectiveness of alts.

that INCREASES the effectiveness of alts..... the stances are now stronger versus stronger opponents? how did you think that would make alts less useful?

thanks for the rangers bow. now i can wallow in despair as i will never be able to get one of decent quality.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby Flyrella » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:10 am

waga wrote:there is some 302q sold in cf right now ... (I can even sell you higher q if you want :^) )
While making bone clay the best clay on paper might looks like a good idea , in practice it would be terrible , collecting)

In Discord people offer to sell 340+ and I am sure they make at least 350-360 for themselves. Bone clay is way lower q and is way harder to make. Plus farming top q animals made sense to produce bulk amount of bones for bone clay. But now q of farming animals is needed for food only kind of. Now for some villages q of farming animals is probably quite close to very good hunting animals but still lower than top q hunting nodes so bones for top compost bins still come from hunting.

Also, I personally almost stopped playing eventually after potter clay was introduced since the game was kind of somehow competitive before and now there is no way to compete with larger factions and/or no-lifers. At least q difference wasn't that dramatic. And making top q resources rare sounds logical, no? While cave clay could be botted, but top q bones and feldspar can't.
Flyrella

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:34 am

synaris wrote:
For Oak Stance, Death or Glory, Combat Meditation and Bloodlust, inverted the effect of disparity in combat stats between you and the opponent(s), so that you get a better effect from them the better your opponent is, rather than the other way around. This primarily to reduce the effectiveness of alts.

that INCREASES the effectiveness of alts..... the stances are now stronger versus stronger opponents? how did you think that would make alts less useful?

are you retarded? xd it clearly decreases the effectiveness of alts, now alts can't fuel your combat meditation anymore which was being heavily abused in combat, and you can down an alt in 1 KHTOs so it's not like the big bad stances on the alt are gonna do anything about it smfh
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Canny » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:50 pm

"Animals should now break objects as they flee" Does this mean no more boat taming/hunting >.>
Canny

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Canny wrote:"Animals should now break objects as they flee" Does this mean no more boat taming/hunting >.>

If they flee while you're taming, you're doing it wrong. If you're having to chase them that far while you're taming, you're probably doing it in the wrong place. For the first, I suggest checking out the combat actions you're using. There's a video around from one of the Polish guys that highlight the easiest way to tame (ozzy I think). Sorry, I've lost the link to it. For the latter, bring them home, set up a palisaded area for them to run around in. Then they won't run off.

As far as the hunting goes... this is going to suck big time, yes. Small hits to build up for big hits, I guess. Improvements to animal tracking, bleeding damage should probably have come with this update. Or stick to fighting on horseback so you can at least chase.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby azrid » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Do animals also break rocks?
azrid

Postby Burinn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:47 pm

This hat looks SO bad.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby rhzk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Love this hat.
rhzk

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 pm

You forgot to add new animal skeleton!
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 pm

I cant wait until we run out of fruits and vegetables for Jorb to make hats out of
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements