Game Development: Bony Antvatar

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bony Antvatar

Postby DatSheep » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:29 am

Thanks Jorb! Keep up the work and also, thanks for expanding the carrying capacity of mailboxes. I noticed the other day that it changed. I'd love for more hats to come out with the ... "Prettier" aesthetic of the two berries and the starry wizard hat, but all in it's due time since I can see that the main demographic loves alien and ant hats xD
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby Onep » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 am

I only play hafen for the hats tbqh
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby ivka » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 am

iamahh wrote:will ql be removed someday or is that communist idea?

That's more like nihilist idea. Communist idea would be to take that q and give it to everyone (especially to those who did nothing to get that :lol: )
ivka

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 am

tl;dr If you ain't caught up yet, 30 more q on your kiln aint gonna get you there.

To be honest what was the likely hood of you 'catching up' anyway? Just play. Stop worrying how many points you are ahead of or behind someone. Quality is a game mechanic not a main objective. Now if it were like a year ago or so, and anyone had a standing chance to 'catch up' with the elite of HH then maybe I could understand.

I don't understand why people fret so much over min-maxing. Don't that suck the fun out? Besides, over a year in the likelihood that anyone- especially new characters- will 'catch up' is almost none. This is the case with or without the ability to push your kiln 20-30 points higher.
Pinkie-Pie

Postby julian12it » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 am

Pinkie-Pie wrote:tl;dr If you ain't caught up yet, 30 more q on your kiln aint gonna get you there.

To be honest what was the likely hood of you 'catching up' anyway? Just play. Stop worrying how many points you are ahead of or behind someone. Quality is a game mechanic not a main objective. Now if it were like a year ago or so, and anyone had a standing chance to 'catch up' with the elite of HH then maybe I could understand.

I don't understand why people fret so much over min-maxing. Don't that suck the fun out? Besides, over a year in the likelihood that anyone- especially new characters- will 'catch up' is almost none. This is the case with or without the ability to push your kiln 20-30 points higher.

Preach. If you ain't caught up, odds are you are not going to ever be caught up.
julian12it

Postby infectedking3 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:07 am

julian12it wrote:
Pinkie-Pie wrote:tl;dr If you ain't caught up yet, 30 more q on your kiln aint gonna get you there.

Preach. If you ain't caught up, odds are you are not going to ever be caught up.

You'd be surprised, I've seen some people get higher than faction goods purely because Trading boosts them quite far ahead quite fast, also some luck as well.
infectedking3

Postby Honoka » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:23 am

Making potter's clay will be now rly painfull... It took already enough effort to make good potter's clay. Instead of nerfing it, in my opinion, you should buff bone clay. Maybe add brick to recipe (like in potters clay) or easier acquirable cave/pit clay.

Also- luv new skeletons <3
Honoka

Postby tigerlrg245 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:42 am

jordancoles wrote:Template for future use

God's work laddy
tigerlrg245

Postby vatas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 am

Catching up is almost impossible if you start with nothing. I currently have access to decent infrastructure and have decent crafter, so if I were to put all my time and effort into Haven, I could likely catch-up by mass-producing food and trading it. However I feel that I already spend too much time to keep three characters (Crafter, Fighter, Farmer) fed with curios and food and keeping my livestock alive.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:37 am

Good job on the skeletons btw
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements