Game Development: Bony Antvatar

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bony Antvatar

Postby Aceb » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 am

jock2 wrote:
waga wrote:
svino wrote:I gotta say, I miss making bone clay.
It's a lot more fun to work hard on collecting bones and pit clay for months just to make that perfect kiln.
With potters clay you can just go out and collect materials for a super kiln in a few hours. (Of course this is just because it's so late in the world)

With boneclay I can just go out and collect materials for a super bad kiln in a few hours. (Of course this is just because it's so late in the world)
Or ... I could let a bot do that ...

And that ia the worst and hardest part to balance. Botting, how much does the gameplay need to suffer because a bot can do it better?

Dunno about that but I can go weeks trying to find cave clay and maybe finding 4 a week while people tell, when they run a bot, they get daily somewhere of full inventory, because why not.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby waga » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:18 am

Oh I do agree with you , and that's why I changed my stance about bot , I used to not care at all.
But it affects the balancing way too much at the moment ...
Believe me , if they make bone clay the best clay OR make bone clay part of the recipe in potter clay , normal users won't stand a chance.
I witnessed a cave clay bot in action , the creator of said bot being a friend , you cant just compete with that.
I personally collect cave clay once in a blue moon
waga

Postby svino » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 am

waga wrote:Oh I do agree with you , and that's why I changed my stance about bot , I used to not care at all.
Believe me , if they make bone clay the best clay OR make bone clay part of the recipe in potter clay , normal users won't stand a chance.
I witnessed a cave clay bot in action , the creator of said bot being a friend , you cant just compete with that.

Slimes make those cave clay bots much less effective. Maybe just restrict cave clay to being only on lower levels where slimes can spawn, or maybe remove cave clay from bone clay recipe.
svino

Postby Aceb » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:38 am

svino wrote:
waga wrote:Oh I do agree with you , and that's why I changed my stance about bot , I used to not care at all.

Slimes make those cave clay bots much less effective. Maybe just restrict cave clay to being only on lower levels where slimes can spawn, or maybe remove cave clay from bone clay recipe.

1. Slimes aren't an issue in exploring caves, unless it's tight tunnel or there's a swarm of them.

2. And render cave clay completety useless, making it only purely aesthetic?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jock2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:54 am

So it leaves the game lossing rare or high value goods because bots can find it better. Botting is a problem the developers can't and won't deal with.

They state it is due to boring mechanics people bot but that isn't the case anymore. It has become bot or don't try to compete. I return to my regular and sadly only solution. Personal servers, i spoke to jorb and we had a discussion over it. It was positive but not an immediate solution.

I have first hand seen what bots can do and know my group could not keep up even at our peak.
jock2

Postby Aceb » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am

On bot topic:
jock2 wrote:I have first hand seen what bots can do and know my group could not keep up even at our peak.

Depends on man power. I started with decent group, no bots but with custom clients. I mean 0 scirpts too. We just hit two barriers that stopped us from rat race:

1. Our top forager of cave clay and stuff stopped playing. He guy had incredible luck in finding rare stuff in tons.
2. We couldn't defend any of clay nodes, because we weren't strong enough to protect them. It ruled us out of spiraling, rendering us only little behind with crops and chickens.
3. Then we just gave up because we were sure we won't be able to catch up without somekind of support or access to nice nodes.

Many people who cried didn't honestly try to participate in that or usually will lack probably a man power to defend their places.

I honestly wanted to give it a try to that once participate in rat race and imho, I say it is possible to keep up with bots. The only difference is that bot is more efficient in terms how big You go, but not overally You go. Alone without bots I will say You probably fail miserable, but a decent coordinated groups have a chance for real.

On potterly clay topic feedback:
Collecting some few ideas, I'll post them so maybe Jorbtar will get something better out of it or something:
Idea number...:
1. Make Boneclay be produced on potter wheel's too
2. Make bonebrick a part of recipe of potter clay
3. Separate the two by giving a bone kiln a nice unique bonus to ash produced OR...
4. ... A way of increasing Fieldspar Q to make boneclay matter so the two could compete?
5. Separate the two by making Potter kiln clay a main branch of industry, while Bone Kiln is branch responsible for better other-clay products
6. Make yet another type of non-kaolin clay, called Fireclay, that is combination of Potter clay, Bone clay and Iron bar. (while removing potter wheel Q rising)

7. When world reset will happen, we between developers and community should discuss the matter perhaps once more. Either by returning softcap of potter wheel or removing slag or at least rock crystal from being used in construction of it, unless either of above will find it's way. Making the change long before resets, will only trigger people who cares.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Flyrella » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Aceb wrote:On bot topic:
jock2 wrote:I have first hand seen what bots can do and know my group could not keep up even at our peak.

Depends on man power. I started with decent group, no bots but with custom clients. I mean 0 scirpts too. We just hit two barriers that stopped us from rat race:

1. Our top forager of cave clay and stuff stopped playing. He guy had incredible luck in finding rare stuff in tons.
2. We couldn't defend any of clay nodes, because we weren't strong enough to protect them. It ruled us out of spiraling, rendering us only little behind with crops and chickens.
3. Then we just gave up because we were sure we won't be able to catch up without somekind of support or access to nice nodes.

Many people who cried didn't honestly try to participate in that or usually will lack probably a man power to defend their places.

I honestly wanted to give it a try to that once participate in rat race and imho, I say it is possible to keep up with bots. The only difference is that bot is more efficient in terms how big You go, but not overally You go. Alone without bots I will say You probably fail miserable, but a decent coordinated groups have a chance for real.

On potterly clay topic feedback:
Collecting some few ideas, I'll post them so maybe Jorbtar will get something better out of it or something:
Idea number...:
1. Make Boneclay be produced on potter wheel's too
2. Make bonebrick a part of recipe of potter clay
3. Separate the two by giving a bone kiln a nice unique bonus to ash produced OR...
4. ... A way of increasing Fieldspar Q to make boneclay matter so the two could compete?
5. Separate the two by making Potter kiln clay a main branch of industry, while Bone Kiln is branch responsible for better other-clay products
6. Make yet another type of non-kaolin clay, called Fireclay, that is combination of Potter clay, Bone clay and Iron bar. (while removing potter wheel Q rising)

7. When world reset will happen, we between developers and community should discuss the matter perhaps once more. Either by returning softcap of potter wheel or removing slag or at least rock crystal from being used in construction of it, unless either of above will find it's way. Making the change long before resets, will only trigger people who cares.

Finding cave clay is not hard but boring. Find a large enough underground lake and log in every 15 min. Once in a while you find some.
As for this particular recipe of fire clay, pls no. Top q metal already allows making potter clay of unreachable q. If the iron bar is added and affects the q, it would be even more unreachable.
Flyrella

Postby Schattengaenger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 am

Reading trough the salt in the first 4 pages nearly mummified my body solid.
Is it really so hard to maintain at least some composure and give them you crutique in a civilized manner?

Or do you really think that swearing get yuo further than well-argued thoughts on the matter.
"Oi mate, your fucked up big time here ... this is just shit"
"I have now told you 4 times that this is shit, so why don't you make it better"
"That'S not better that is just more shit than before"
Schattengaenger

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 am

Schattengaenger wrote:Reading trough the salt in the first 4 pages nearly mummified my body solid.
Is it really so hard to maintain at least some composure and give them you crutique in a civilized manner?

Or do you really think that swearing get yuo further than well-argued thoughts on the matter.
"Oi mate, your fucked up big time here ... this is just shit"
"I have now told you 4 times that this is shit, so why don't you make it better"
"That'S not better that is just more shit than before"

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby julian12it » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 am

Aceb wrote:On bot topic:

I agree with your botting discussion. If you were a lone botter you will not be able to survive and if you do it's because no one has spotted you. You cannot bot combat and have it be effectively. People typically bot to avoid doing the tedious work such as farming (even though it's not that bad), foraging, road/village building, etc.. Something that'll shut this botting discussion is if bots were to be released. An example, world 6 or world 7 of legacy, Union client was released and everyone in the community started creating bots and shared some of them publicly. From the scripts people released I learned a little bit about how javascript worked and how the union API adapted it. I eventually started making my own bots and learned a new hobbie which was learning some coding through making haven and hearth scripts.
julian12it

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements