Game Development: Boneyard Lantern

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Boneyard Lantern

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:32 am

Astarisk wrote:
Hopefully fixed a bug by which integer overflow could cause some crops to grow awfully slow. This will not fix crops which already have the problem, unfortunately.

How slowly we talking here? Or can you just add a way for us to destroy crops. I wanna return my fields to working conditions.

If it's 100% important you can build a trellis over problematic strands and destroy that, and they will go with it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Dakkan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:34 am

loftar wrote:
Dakkan wrote:Was it actually broken or are you just dramatically increasing spawn rate because of my complaining?

It was actually broken. I long believed that you were just being unlucky since everything seemed right with the code, but then I recently checked whether anyone had discovered fulgurite, and seeing that noone had I debugged it more thoroughly and found the bug. The thing is that I had tested the code previously with a much higher spawn-rate, but apparently the bug was non-deterministic (probably depended on the order of compilation).

Glad that I could help demonstrate the existence of a problem, hopefully will help for future rare curio additions!
Dakkan

Postby Astarisk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 am

jorb wrote:
Astarisk wrote:
Hopefully fixed a bug by which integer overflow could cause some crops to grow awfully slow. This will not fix crops which already have the problem, unfortunately.

How slowly we talking here? Or can you just add a way for us to destroy crops. I wanna return my fields to working conditions.

If it's 100% important you can build a trellis over problematic strands and destroy that, and they will go with it.

Man, trellis is one of the most awful things in the game to make. It's way to stamina draining. I just wanted to see whether it'd be possible to wait out the crops in my lifetime.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:40 am

Astarisk wrote:Man, trellis is one of the most awful things in the game to make. It's way to stamina draining. I just wanted to see whether it'd be possible to wait out the crops in my lifetime.

Trellises are pure cancer in haven-form. They are terrible in every single way and have no reason to exist asides from causing suffering.
DDDsDD999

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:38 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Man, trellis is one of the most awful things in the game to make. It's way to stamina draining. I just wanted to see whether it'd be possible to wait out the crops in my lifetime.

Trellises are pure cancer in haven-form. They are terrible in every single way and have no reason to exist asides from causing suffering.

ChildhoodObesity

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:20 am

What is the furthest back "last seen" date that can be displayed?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:13 pm

jordancoles wrote:What is the furthest back "last seen" date that can be displayed?

I guess the start of the world, since there are no characters older than that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:47 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:What is the furthest back "last seen" date that can be displayed?

I guess the start of the world, since there are no characters older than that.

Iirc in legacy the timer capped at 49 weeks or something like that
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:05 pm

jordancoles wrote:Iirc in legacy the timer capped at 49 weeks or something like that

ss.png
ss.png (236.84 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

Have you tried the default client? ^^
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby pheonix » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:17 am

I would also add that this seems to fix bugged animals for me, as a few dead lambs i had for months now had an option to collect bones.
pheonix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements