Game Development: Display Tumor

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Display Tumor

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:17 am

jordancoles wrote:Huzzah!!

Brilliant!

Thanks Jorb/Loftar. :D

Dakkan wrote:I'm noticing some objects that can't be added, mostly "living" things like stalagoombas, butterflies, snails, stag beetle, quail, rat, firefly.

Though personally I'd like to be able to store livable 1x1 creatures in them, I need a stalagoomba prison!

I think it's intentional as these things don't show up on the study desk either but I'd love to be able to put butterflies and fireflies in there! :D

I've also noticed some of the curios can not be displayed even though they go into the case, glass marbles for one, prisms, strange crystal and the rock crystal, maybe these were an oversight?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:39 am

Dark heart buff working as intended

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby DatSheep » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Perfect. Lmao I placed a prism in one, was 100% invisible. Would have been cool if it was visible
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby jorb » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:03 pm

Objects that use various transparency effects will have a hard time with the glass material.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DatSheep » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:36 pm

jorb wrote:Objects that use various transparency effects will have a hard time with the glass material.

Rippers. Can we lock display cases yet?
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby ErdTod » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:04 pm

2jorb, if you have control over render order, you could set so that item inside the box renders earlier than all other transparent objects.
ErdTod

Postby The_Blode » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:57 pm

ErdTod wrote:2jorb, if you have control over render order, you could set so that item inside the box renders earlier than all other transparent objects.

that would just cause a hell of a mess under the right circumstances, especially with multiple display cases in near proximity to one another
The_Blode

Postby ErdTod » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 am

If to consider that "right circumstances" are less likely than a transparent object inside a transparent object, than it could be an acceptable option.
ErdTod

Postby The_Blode » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:24 pm

ErdTod wrote:If to consider that "right circumstances" are less likely than a transparent object inside a transparent object, than it could be an acceptable option.

perhaps, but perhaps not if the results are more catastrophic looking than "oh this doesn't show up"
The_Blode

Postby Dakkan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm

So it seems like the display case was a great success. Could We get a few variants, like a multi-item display rack? Something like a china cabinet. Clipping be damned!
Dakkan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements