Game Development: Oak Apple Gold

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oak Apple Gold

Postby maze » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 am

Good update.
Now I can wonder around and feel like a useful gypsy
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Enjoyment » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 am

loftar wrote:
Enjoyment wrote:But I really thought Loftar's last week "bigger project" was a world expansion?

No idea how you got that idea. The somewhat bigger project was the management of local qualities for this patch. A world expansion isn't even a big project -- I could do that in one minute right now, pretty much. We just haven't felt a need to do one.

I know you can. And I know for you is not a big deal, but you should believe it may be a huge deal for a pretty much player-base. I even consider you shoud do it on schedule, like no matter what's goin on, I'll expand the world every three months
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby tigerlrg245 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 am

Dakkan wrote:
tigerlrg245 wrote:
Clovers:
Clovers effect milk and wool q. So you can get much better cheese from milking wild aurochs,...

Milking wild Aurochsen gives Auroch's Milk, doesn't curd into anything exciting, just generic gouda last I checked at the beginning of the world.

Oh, that's right, silly me.
This leaves butter then, not sure how useful that'd be, might just be better to pool your clovers onto wool and mohair
tigerlrg245

Postby DatSheep » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 pm

awsomkid373 wrote:And here I thought that there was gonna be a golden oak apple.

Same
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby Ants » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Is the cloth made from gold bars or gold nuggets? Does anyone have more pictures of the gold cloth used on stuff?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby eliminoid » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Quest givers will now, occasionally, reward you for completing quests for them with a permanent, local quality increase to some particular herb.

Cool update, now active areas will become better over time.

Do this for animals too!
Hi
eliminoid

Postby TheOriginalFive » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 am

How far is the "local" range in supergrid terms?
TheOriginalFive

Postby KitsuneG » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:16 am

the most shitty cloth in history..
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby kitsune121x » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:53 pm

KitsuneG wrote:Image

the most shitty cloth in history..

yeah it's kind of a lemon yellow not really that great
kitsune121x

Postby awsomkid373 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:19 am

Shoot, I just realized that anyone building a hearth fire will get accused for the crime vandalism because of this update trying to patch an exploit. I understand that you guys are trying to patch a hole in the dress in which said hole makes the dress not so much fun to look at.( which in this case, the dress is the game ), And I understand why you guys made it illegal to make the fire that we hearthling are born from (the hearth fire) , and made the beacon that can call upon the ones who are in the area where they speak they're names for the first time ( the starting area ),(wilderness beacon), illegal because there is an exploit involving the hearth fire and the wilderness beacon that i don't know about, but I can assume it involves brutal witchcraft which the person who has been summoned by the wilderness beacon and the person in question (which is the person who is using the exploit) lets the summoned person pickup items that he never seen before and then let the summon person spend his learning point and then the person in question, kills the summon person and then studies it and then repeats.

Making the hearth fire and wilderness beacon illegal (for now) is a way to prevent players who want to get powerful quick but don't want to spend hours grinding curiosities and discovering and crafting new items and all of that stuff but this solution also has downsides. 1. this could make newer players who are just starting to set up base camp or a home with a hearth fire get an easy way to accidentally get a crime committed without knowing about what is happening and get killed for something that they didn't even know was a crime unless they check the forums before hand.

I don't know when are they gonna put a proper patch to this exploit that doesn't change the way that a item works, but i hope that the devs can put a patch that can end this exploit safely without affecting the game too much.
awsomkid373

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements