Game Development: Oak Apple Gold

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oak Apple Gold

Postby awsomkid373 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:26 am

DatSheep wrote:
awsomkid373 wrote:And here I thought that there was gonna be a golden oak apple.

Same

Woah DatSheep, your the first person that I saw use my reply as a quote.
awsomkid373

Postby jorb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:37 am

awsomkid373 wrote:Making the hearth fire and wilderness beacon illegal (for now) is a way to prevent players who want to get powerful quick but don't want to spend hours grinding curiosities and discovering and crafting new items and all of that stuff but this solution also has downsides. 1. this could make newer players who are just starting to set up base camp or a home with a hearth fire get an easy way to accidentally get a crime committed without knowing about what is happening and get killed for something that they didn't even know was a crime unless they check the forums before hand.

I am not sure I get what you're even saying, but this is wrong. That is not why we did it, and that is not how it works. You can't commit a crime accidentally. The point is that you cannot build HFs and Beacons on other peoples' claims. 90% chance you won't even encounter the interaction.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DatSheep » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm

awsomkid373 wrote:
DatSheep wrote:
awsomkid373 wrote:And here I thought that there was gonna be a golden oak apple.

Same

Woah DatSheep, your the first person that I saw use my reply as a quote.

Heh now for the second time ;p
I want there to be golden acorns like in Salem Jorb :3 or Idk something like that
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby julian12it » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:40 pm

jorb wrote:
awsomkid373 wrote:Making the hearth fire and wilderness beacon illegal (for now) is a way to prevent players who want to get powerful quick but don't want to spend hours grinding curiosities and discovering and crafting new items and all of that stuff but this solution also has downsides. 1. this could make newer players who are just starting to set up base camp or a home with a hearth fire get an easy way to accidentally get a crime committed without knowing about what is happening and get killed for something that they didn't even know was a crime unless they check the forums before hand.

I am not sure I get what you're even saying, but this is wrong. That is not why we did it, and that is not how it works. You can't commit a crime accidentally. The point is that you cannot build HFs and Beacons on other peoples' claims. 90% chance you won't even encounter the interaction.

Anything you say or any changes you do there's going to be people complaining on how they can't "catch up". Just like the Clay update that you did, I knew it was for testing and for a new way on quality gain and control.
julian12it

Postby Granger » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:38 pm

awsomkid373 wrote:accidentally get a crime committed without knowing about what is happening

Simple solution: don't run around with criminal acts enabled and the game will tell you when you would create a scent.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby DatSheep » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Facts, listen to the wise German
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Previous

Return to Announcements