Game Development: Magnifying Cook

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Magnifying Cook

Postby Fostik » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 am

Agree with Enjoyment.
Low level mines in their current implementation is not worth so mutch risk.
Anyway, you can add even more levels with more unique goods, more danger. 5 level system is pretty old.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Jalpha » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:30 am

>Jorb asks for furniture ideas in livestream
>Jorb ignores the C&I post about barrel racks
>???
>Profit
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:31 am

Jalpha wrote:>Jorb ignores the C&I post about barrel racks

I have a long standing note for barrel racks, but that's not an entirely trivial implementation.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Aceb » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:21 am

loftar wrote:
Dakkan wrote:That's a good idea for eventual cave decay, the deeper you are the slower the decay.

While that does seem kind of reasonable, I also think that caves should be less and less hospitable the deeper they go. I've generally considered such things as 1) not being able to Travel to Hearth from lower cave levels, 2) not being able to log out from even lower cave levels and/or 3) turning off permadeath protection from lower cave levels (possibly having Cave Hermit restore some of these). It has mostly been Jorb holding me back from it.

In the past that would be cool idea but:
Since the slime, worms addition, if someone goes minning deeper, that would be very bad. Very un-fun and un-friendly. Before that, I would give You my cent for that. People would exit the game normal way anyway. While from the "adventurer" point of view all of your ideas make sense, then again from point of view of miner and such, that's not right.

But maybe travel weariness from hearthing back from deeper caves... but only that.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby fallout » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:30 pm

• May have fixed a bug by which livestock would sometimes become unlikely to reproduce.

That's one happy bull right ther, bedded 8 females after a month long hiatus
fallout

Postby shubla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:43 pm

fallout wrote:
  • May have fixed a bug by which livestock would sometimes become unlikely to reproduce.

There should be chance for bulls to be impotent, causing inability to do such things.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Fostik » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 pm

shubla wrote:There should be chance for bulls to be impotent, causing inability to do such things.

There could be a chance to wipe forum post if it contain any idea of Shubla :roll:
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby DatSheep » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:09 pm

shubla wrote:
fallout wrote:

There should be chance for bulls to be impotent, causing inability to do such things.

I agree, actually. Jorb please give us a way to either neuter our livestock or make some impotent, because I don't want to pen up or leash all the animals that I want to keep from breeding, nor do I want Laggy, crowded areas of sheep because they keep breeding beyond a normal amount.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby DatSheep » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:09 pm

I know they'll stop breeding after a certain volume of animals fill up the space they're in, but having such crowded pens seems unrealistic and inconvenient to deal with, plus that's not something I'd expect as a haven player, makes livestock feel broken kinda. Also uh I let my sheep roam my plot, does this mean they'll fill the whole thing up to the brim?
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby fallout » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm

• Added a slight drift to anchored Knarrs. They will stay near the spot they were parked at, but may drift slightly.

Exploits fixin nice and all but you've managed to park my new knarr on some pig corpses that cant be removed from shallow water thus combining two bugs and beaching my knarr leaving me quite miffed

https://i.imgur.com/evShSNa.gifv
fallout

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements