Game Development: Locked Bollock

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Locked Bollock

Postby maze » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:56 pm

jorb wrote:
Luanes wrote:I would like that garden shed had locks, increased soak and hitpoints. So I could build them on places that I gather stuff and, still, have a way to store things on the region without needing a palisade to protect it.

Not sure about the hitpoints and whatnot, but will look at the lock.

also increase how much it can hold.
You guys said you'd do that (because wagons same size hold more)
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby tigerlrg245 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:10 pm

We can literally eat a dick now in haven and hearth. what a time to be alive.
tigerlrg245

Postby MadNomad » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Jalpha wrote:I'd also rather be able to lock fellow townies out of a house or two than my whole damn plot to be perfectly honest. I do hope lockpicking leaves some form of crime scent regardless of permissions however otherwise it's literally pointlesss.

maybe locked objects should work just like claims then?
they could be opened by anyone allowed by the key owner without requiring the allowed person to have the key, and if someone is not allowed they leave a scent when lockpicking / destroying / lifting the object even if it is not on a claim
MadNomad

Postby synaris » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Introduced animal castration. Male domestic animals can now be castrated. When you castrate animals you receive a "Bollock" of the relevant type, which can be roasted or used in meat recipes. Suggested here.

i was hoping this kind of evil would never come to haven. expecially after branding was added which serves the exact same purpose.

and now people have to worry about losing everything they own to random thieves. i picked a good time to quit haven again.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:15 am

synaris wrote:
Introduced animal castration. Male domestic animals can now be castrated. When you castrate animals you receive a "Bollock" of the relevant type, which can be roasted or used in meat recipes. Suggested here.

i was hoping this kind of evil would never come to haven. expecially after branding was added which serves the exact same purpose.

and now people have to worry about losing everything they own to random thieves. i picked a good time to quit haven again.

are you for real bud
Zentetsuken

Postby Jalpha » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:21 am

MadNomad wrote:
Jalpha wrote:I'd also rather be able to lock fellow townies out of a house or two than my whole damn plot to be perfectly honest. I do hope lockpicking leaves some form of crime scent regardless of permissions however otherwise it's literally pointlesss.

maybe locked objects should work just like claims then?
they could be opened by anyone allowed by the key owner without requiring the allowed person to have the key, and if someone is not allowed they leave a scent when lockpicking / destroying / lifting the object even if it is not on a claim

I kind of overlooked the way scents are tied to claims. I'll have a look at the mechanics functionality before running my mouth again. Still would be nice for houses at least to be capable of creating scents from lockpicking without needing to rely on claim mechanics. Maybe it's best scents remain tied to claims though, life is hard enough as a thief.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Granger » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:59 am

Zentetsuken wrote:
synaris wrote:

are you for real bud

I guess his point is that neutering as a criminal act re-enables destroying an animal farm (as quickly killing the animals off as criminal act was removed, iirc).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby loftar » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 pm

synaris wrote:i was hoping this kind of evil would never come to haven. expecially after branding was added which serves the exact same purpose.

I have to say I don't quite see how branding has the same purpose as castration.

synaris wrote:and now people have to worry about losing everything they own to random thieves.

Castration is subject to the same rules of ownership as slaughter.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Reyajh » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:00 pm

The placement of the castration option is horrible... I personally feel it would be much better served below the inspect option... I mean, likely one would like to inspect what one was about to wack-off beforehand :roll:
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby jordancoles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:27 am

Reyajh wrote:The placement of the castration option is horrible... I personally feel it would be much better served below the inspect option... I mean, likely one would like to inspect what one was about to wack-off beforehand :roll:

I always run up to my horses and start cutting the balls off instead of getting on, it's a little funny though when you think about it. "haha just kidding! k let's go"
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements