Game Development: Locked Bollock

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Locked Bollock

Postby Jalpha » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:38 pm

Just sell castrated males. I'm going to hazard a guess that there is insufficient market demand for all your horses. Also geldings are often preferred as they usually have a calmer nature than a mare in heat or a stallion.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Aceb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:09 pm

Adder1234 wrote:I don't see what everyone is worried about with lock picking. You can't pick gates, so as long as you have any lock on a palisade you'll be fine.

It's quite opposite. People are "sad" they can't lockpick gates =)

Locks useful for bigger villages or small group claims.

Also for people questioning why lockpicking chest instead of bashing it? Well, if You lockpick a chest, You foraged / have stolen from somewhere, You can use it now as perfecly fine storage chest, since probably a person having keys to that chest won't access it anymore. ¦]
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby rhzk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:11 am

About locks... It could be fun if devs makes that you cant destroy someone house or chest that locks, so you kinda force ppl to unlock it. Slow. All 24h. lol
rhzk

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:19 am

by destroying chest or house items in said storage or house should get or damaged or destroyed in the process of destroying. to counter people just destroying shit instead of lockpicking.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Kuddie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:30 am

Bollocks & Locks, I like it.
Kuddie

Postby rhzk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:50 am

wonder-ass wrote:by destroying chest or house items in said storage or house should get or damaged or destroyed in the process of destroying. to counter people just destroying shit instead of lockpicking.

Yea! Jorbo, consider this to implement pls! :D
rhzk

Postby Jalpha » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:41 am

Ditto. It was always the needless destruction of an entire base which bothered me about being raided. It should be harder to destroy some kinds of buildings, like the stone mansion and the tower in particular imho. In my mind it should also be easier to steal things as a tradeoff.

Then again it's been a while since I've been raided at all.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm

rhzk wrote:About locks... It could be fun if devs makes that you cant destroy someone house or chest that locks, so you kinda force ppl to unlock it. Slow. All 24h. lol

24 is the cap. With the skills some have posted, I don't see anything taking that long. Bad lock, good skills, and it'll be instant. It's that "I lock my door as a deterrent, not because it's actual safer."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Luanes » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:32 pm

I would like that garden shed had locks, increased soak and hitpoints. So I could build them on places that I gather stuff and, still, have a way to store things on the region without needing a palisade to protect it.
Luanes

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Luanes wrote:I would like that garden shed had locks, increased soak and hitpoints. So I could build them on places that I gather stuff and, still, have a way to store things on the region without needing a palisade to protect it.

Not sure about the hitpoints and whatnot, but will look at the lock.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements