Game Development: Locked Bollock

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Locked Bollock

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:26 am

infectedking3 wrote:
Redlaw wrote:cause kung-fu housing is much harder then it was before, no one can walk over and punch a house to the ground on a whim as much as they used to... though that can change

Now we have more incentive to break down every house on a person's village we raid.

And perhaps that should be made more difficult and time consuming as well. I have to say that you at worst have a balance problem here, and this strikes me as a very poor reason not to implement lockpicking.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby infectedking3 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:30 am

jorb wrote:
infectedking3 wrote:
Redlaw wrote:cause kung-fu housing is much harder then it was before, no one can walk over and punch a house to the ground on a whim as much as they used to... though that can change

Now we have more incentive to break down every house on a person's village we raid.

And perhaps that should be made more difficult and time consuming as well.

Whatever barrier you make, there are always ways around :ugeek:
infectedking3

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:36 am

jorb wrote:
infectedking3 wrote:

And perhaps that should be made more difficult and time consuming as well. I have to say that you at worst have a balance problem here, and this strikes me as a very poor reason not to implement lockpicking.

Haha I was sieging this village for 3 real life days, now let me lock-pick this house for another 24 hours and then containers inside for another 24 hours ;) ;) :D :shock: :shock: :(
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Dakkan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:38 am

Ew. But at least we can attack through slimes corpses now, thanks!
Dakkan

Postby Spin2Win » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:47 am

so how is metal lock better than wood locks?
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 am

Thanks Jorbo, worth the gold sub
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby abt79 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 am

Spin2Win wrote:so how is metal lock better than wood locks?

Read the post, dude. A lock's quality affects the time it takes to pick, and each successive "tier" of lock (wood->metal->steel) also has an increased base modifier of lockpicking time. So just like how quality increases weapon damage from the base value of a weapon of a particular metal, better locks will have more inherent resistance to being picked, which increases at higher qualities.

jordancoles wrote:

nice
abt79

Postby qoonpooka » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:38 am

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

When you castrate animals you receive a "Bollock" of the relevant type, which can be roasted or used in meat recipes.

ITT Jorb tells the entire playerbase to eat a dick.
qoonpooka

Postby Chebermech » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:39 am

jorb wrote:[*] Introduced animal castration. Male domestic animals can now be castrated. When you castrate animals you receive a "Bollock" of the relevant type, which can be roasted or used in meat recipes. Suggested here.

Awesome update! Could you also make it possible to neuter females as well to be able to sell Female sheep and cows for milking without the ability to breed?
p.s. even though i was anticipated this change, the first thing came to mind was that in the future it would be possible to use this mechanic on players to deny them from being inherited... wonder if anyone else has considered where this path will take us...
Chebermech

Postby Spin2Win » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:00 am

abt79 wrote:
Spin2Win wrote:so how is metal lock better than wood locks?

Read the post, dude. A lock's quality affects the time it takes to pick, and each successive "tier" of lock (wood->metal->steel) also has an increased base modifier of lockpicking time. So just like how quality increases weapon damage from the base value of a weapon of a particular metal, better locks will have more inherent resistance to being picked, which increases at higher qualities.

jordancoles wrote:

nice

oh i didnt understand it thanks
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements