Game Development: Truffle Snout

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Truffle Snout

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:19 am

Sweet, more useless content 5% of the player base will find fun and no fixes for actual issues.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Flyrella » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 am

Ardennesss wrote:Sweet, more useless content 5% of the player base will find fun and no fixes for actual issues.

but lots of people were suggesting adding truffles and training pigs for a long time already.
Flyrella

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 am

Ardennesss wrote:Sweet, more useless content 5% of the player base will find fun and no fixes for actual issues.

What are the five biggest issues you are concerened about?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Zeler » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:22 am

Ants wrote:Please let us put hats on animals soon! It would make piggy walks soooooooo much cuter.

Thousand times this.
Zeler

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:44 am

jorb wrote:

1. Maneuver changes ruining combat balance, higher stats literally put you at a disadvantage.
a) Bat Caves as "endgame content" are effectively impossible because of this.
2. Sieges are still a useless mechanic that nobody bothers to engage in because it's almost never worth the time investment.
3. Low to nil actual communication with the community. "Will consider" is basically a meme at this point and if I see that response I just write it off as "maybe next year." Publicize your development consideration list so people can at least see what might potentially be in the pipeline at any given time.
4. No prioritization of game ruining mechanics such as point 1 above. You've been told this multiple times over the past month, repeatedly, by multiple people. I told you on stream during July's stream, and you acknowledged it in front of everyone and wrote it on "the list" that you were very concerned to hear that people were literally taking gilded gear off in order to LOWER their combat stats due to the changes that you put in place, and yet here we are, weeks later, and we get truffles.
5. Community feedback is damn near pointless. The only way a suggestion gets any traction with you or Loftar is if either of you actually finds the suggestion appealing to your vision of what Haven should be. You don't care what the community thinks, you develop this game as if you are the only ones playing it and we're all just along for the ride. Somebody could post a suggestion thread that gathers 300 unique replies from 300 different players that want to see it added, and if you disagree on principle it never leaves the ground.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby iamahh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:52 am

lmao dude if you hate the game so much move the fuck on
iamahh

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:54 am

iamahh wrote:lmao dude if you hate the game so much move the fuck on

That's literally what other people are doing, and why the player base is as low as it is.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Ants » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:58 am

Ardennesss wrote:
jorb wrote:

1. Maneuver changes ruining combat balance, higher stats literally put you at a disadvantage.
a) Bat Caves as "endgame content" are effectively impossible because of this.
2. Sieges are still a useless mechanic that nobody bothers to engage in because it's almost never worth the time investment.
3. Low to nil actual communication with the community. "Will consider" is basically a meme at this point and if I see that response I just write it off as "maybe next year." Publicize your development consideration list so people can at least see what might potentially be in the pipeline at any given time.
4. No prioritization of game ruining mechanics such as point 1 above. You've been told this multiple times over the past month, repeatedly, by multiple people. I told you on stream during July's stream, and you acknowledged it in front of everyone and wrote it on "the list" that you were very concerned to hear that people were literally taking gilded gear off in order to LOWER their combat stats due to the changes that you put in place, and yet here we are, weeks later, and we get truffles.
5. Community feedback is damn near pointless. The only way a suggestion gets any traction with you or Loftar is if either of you actually finds the suggestion appealing to your vision of what Haven should be. You don't care what the community thinks, you develop this game as if you are the only ones playing it and we're all just along for the ride. Somebody could post a suggestion thread that gathers 300 unique replies from 300 different players that want to see it added, and if you disagree on principle it never leaves the ground.

Hmm. Combat has always been a cause for problems, hasn't it? I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a public test server where changes to combat could be tested out by the players before going live. That way Jorb and Loftar could try out different fixes without accidentally wrecking the current world.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby thomas_ewing » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:59 am

Ardennesss wrote:

I'm certainly not the sharpest knife in the Haven drawer, but I'm pretty sure #4 shows #3 and #5 are wrong, or at least nowhere near as severe as you imply.
thomas_ewing

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:02 am

Ants wrote:Hmm. Combat has always been a cause for problems, hasn't it? I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a public test server where changes to combat could be tested out by the players before going live. That way Jorb and Loftar could try out different fixes without accidentally wrecking the current world.

A wonderful idea, that has also been suggested multiple times.

thomas_ewing wrote:I'm certainly not the sharpest knife in the Haven drawer, but I'm pretty sure #4 shows #3 and #5 are wrong, or at least nowhere near as severe as you imply.

The only reason #4 is happening is because people are forcing the communication down his throat, and it's still not working.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements