Game Development: Truffle Snout

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Truffle Snout

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 pm

viznew wrote:why cant i buy the new hat?

it not showing in store for me T-T

My bad! Forgot to add it. Fixed now.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Client rewrite should be top priority. People were entering my stream a year and a half ago asking when it was coming, and I still get people asking nearly every time I go live in Haven

The game plays like shit. We had people rage quit mid soccer game at cf because of performance issues.

I just want to be able to play the game with friends who dont have $4000 PCs
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:57 pm

jordancoles wrote:Client rewrite should be top priority. People were entering my stream a year and a half ago asking when it was coming, and I still get people asking nearly every time I go live in Haven

The game plays like shit. We had people rage quit mid soccer game at cf because of performance issues.

I just want to be able to play the game with friends who dont have $4000 PCs

well said, client rewrite should be top priority. shit just lags to often in places it shouldn't like pvp.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:31 pm

jordancoles wrote: We had people rage quit mid soccer game at cf because of performance issues.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

hehe i had something else to do as well TO BE FAIR
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:08 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:Months

Hmm... two people, one of whom is involved in a very deep project at the moment, should be able to fix something in a short period that teams more than 10x Seatribe's size have issues fixing in half a year or more? May I sprinkle some realism into your thought process?

Yes, because literally all I want them to do is revert the maneuver change to the way it was before. That's 5 minutes tops to revert and commit to branch.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Astarisk » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:54 am

Enjoyment wrote:Seriously? You've spent a shit ton of your time drawing all those graphics and structuring your suggestions, but did they hit? Even one of them? Jorb didn't ever answer "will consider" in some. C'mon, you should be on a side of this guy here. And we all know Jorb hates a feedback itself - he feels it like parka - it's uncomfortable, it's big, you don't know where to store it and it limits your abilities, but you just know you can't fucking live in Sweden without it.

Jorb's pretty cool and chill when it comes to feedback. He listens and takes it all into consideration no matter how small. He is actually helpful and passionate about the game and is more than willing to listen to feedback and implement changes on what he learned or gathered. I don't know how people don't see this. The dev's may be slow to react or heavy handed in their approach at times but they do listen to feedback and respond to it. There is absolutely no reason to be toxic or rude to Jorb. In my experience he has responded to every pm I've ever sent him, sent me pm's back asking my opinion and what I think should be done about things or if I had any suggestion on fixing mechanics. The dude is as nice and helpful as can be good, and also a nice healthy mix of a troll ¦] . Hell, most the time I feel bad that I may have worded a message with too much hot-hotheadedness when corresponding with him because he is great at responding back to you. Dude is chill and helpful.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 am

Ardennesss wrote:Yes, because literally all I want them to do is revert the maneuver change to the way it was before. That's 5 minutes tops to revert and commit to branch.

You're right, one revert doesn't take a lot of time... as long as no other affected code has been changed.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jalpha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:02 am

Best patch thread in a while. 10/10 would read again.

Fingers crossed for philosophers stone truffle easter egg curio.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Thrawn00 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:53 am

I noticed a lot of complaining in this update. So I wanted to say Jorb you've done a great job. I may not agree with everything in the game and might feel there are issues that need fixing. But as someone who is working on my own game, I know the amount of time and effort even a minor change takes. To see all this game has become is a mountain of time and work that can't be measured. This game has more growth as a player builds their character than most triple A games do. Include that with the fact that as a two man team you put out updates nearly every week, even companies with teams of employees can't manage that. You've done an amazing job. I look forward to see how it grows.
Thrawn00

Postby KitsuneG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:00 am

I know that Jorb you love a mystery about patch, but due to some problems with fulgurite and some other items before, i need to ask: White truffles added and it's all okay with it spawn?

Literally check all biomes and gather tons of blacks - no whites at all, i guess snout stat should be more than 10?
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements