Game Development: Truffle Snout

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Truffle Snout

Postby Jalpha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 pm

You ask the impossible.

You wanted bots taken down, we got quests.

Bots will always be there to stop you.

Just deal with it. Diminishing returns for stats is a thing. Most botters can't play, it's why they bot. That and some mechanics are needlessly (dare I say it) tedious.

Honestly not sure if botting is an actual problem at all. I've considered it a troll meme for a long time now.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:34 pm

Jalpha wrote:Honestly not sure if botting is an actual problem at all. I've considered it a troll meme for a long time now.

I considered giving this a serious reply, but honestly you're just too stupid to merit it. Keep your head in the sand. You probably think the earth is flat too.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:46 am

Ardennesss wrote:
Jalpha wrote:Honestly not sure if botting is an actual problem at all. I've considered it a troll meme for a long time now.

I considered giving this a serious reply, but honestly you're just too stupid to merit it. Keep your head in the sand. You probably think the earth is flat too.

We've had this discussion numerous times over the years, I'd say it's probably best if we stop it here and take it up outside of Announcements. Just some examples, the search was extensive without more refined terms:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59238&p=759219&hilit=botting#p759219
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=54303&hilit=botting&start=30#p721055
Almost any discussion of Dis the last few worlds (just one example): viewtopic.php?f=40&t=54125&p=718068&hilit=botting#p718065 and there's a related announcement thread, but I'll leave that to someone that wants to dig it up.

The search just for "botting" is 28 pages. Of those, only one thread had "botting" in the title (approximately 7 pages of the search) of the posts I looked through (back to about start of w8).

If you find a thread in the archives you want to bring back up, let the moderation team know, and we can move it over tot he Inn for you, or just restart the discussion with a link to the past.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby GamingRAM » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:20 am

jorb wrote:
dafels wrote:Is the client rewrite still far from done or what? I undrrstand it is a big project, but it is taking too much time, I would rather see some new interesting stuff being added to the game

I agree, but I also feel that we're too invested in it by now not to finish it. If I had known that this would take this long I would never have gone for it.

Honestly, can we have a world reset OR a temporary 2nd world (that'll be erased at the same time as our current world's future reset)? At the rate this is going I'd imagine the rework to be done close to the end of the year. That's a good couple of months we could muk around on a brief world.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Cayur » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:41 am

Cayur

Postby Dakkan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Any thoughts about adding additional truffles later? I like how (supposedly) we need higher truffle snout to find white ones, but it seems like a bit of a short journey to a single goal. Would be nice for several higher tier pig-mediated foragables to exist. Maybe a fictional cave truffle?
Dakkan

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Dakkan wrote:Any thoughts about adding additional truffles later? I like how (supposedly) we need higher truffle snout to find white ones, but it seems like a bit of a short journey to a single goal. Would be nice for several higher tier pig-mediated foragables to exist. Maybe a fictional cave truffle?

Totally love the cave truffle idea... But while we're at it:

White Truffle or Trifola - Tuber magnatum Pico
    Périgord truffle or black truffle - Tuber melanosporum
    Bianchetto or whitish truffle - Tuber borchii Vitt.(or albidium)
    Black summer truffle, Scorzone - Tuber aestivum Vitt
    Smooth black truffle, garlic truffle - Tuber macrosporum
    Common black truffle - Tuber mesentericum.

And there are more listed here: http://www.giulianotartufi.it/en/truffle-types-and-seasons/
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby shubla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Dakkan wrote:Any thoughts about adding additional truffles later? I like how (supposedly) we need higher truffle snout to find white ones, but it seems like a bit of a short journey to a single goal. Would be nice for several higher tier pig-mediated foragables to exist. Maybe a fictional cave truffle?

Totally love the cave truffle idea... But while we're at it:

White Truffle or Trifola - Tuber magnatum Pico
    Périgord truffle or black truffle - Tuber melanosporum
    Bianchetto or whitish truffle - Tuber borchii Vitt.(or albidium)
    Black summer truffle, Scorzone - Tuber aestivum Vitt
    Smooth black truffle, garlic truffle - Tuber macrosporum
    Common black truffle - Tuber mesentericum.

And there are more listed here: http://www.giulianotartufi.it/en/truffle-types-and-seasons/

I agree that some new truffles would be nice. Probably not that difficult to add them, having only two different truffle species is waste of a good mechanic!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby not_a_cat » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:23 pm

This is a great update, thank you! Truffle hunt is real fun
May i ask to make it possible to put truffles into wicked pickers please?
not_a_cat

Postby iamahh » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 pm

i'm a simple hearthling

all i want is waterforming, server side bots (NPC), touchscreen client support, android port, and RTS fast matches

is that too much to ask for a couple nordic developers struggling with heat waves ?!??!1
iamahh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements