Game Development: Louse Bites

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Louse Bites

Postby loftar » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:41 pm

ctopolon4 wrote:could we increase heal rate by using another medicine or another apply of the same one? if U got <15% heal rate - it goes crazy long

Certainly you could increase it quite a bit by using a different treatment. Healing time is one of the main factors that is different between different treatments. For instance, stinging poultices heal deep cuts three times faster than waybroad, and honey waybands are six times faster.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 am

loftar wrote:Certainly you could increase it quite a bit by using a different treatment. Healing time is one of the main factors that is different between different treatments. For instance, stinging poultices heal deep cuts three times faster than waybroad, and honey waybands are six times faster.

i mean replace or add better healing if ive found better medicine. (or just spam waybroad up to 100% healing or 100% by each medicine)
loftar wrote:If you've had higher rates with waybroad previously, then that's probably just because you've used higher-quality waybroad.

earlier i could split wound into many small and heal them pretty fast
(ex1.: 15 deep cut into 3x5 healing with waybroads = same speed as honey wayband to 15)
(ex2.: 500 contusion = 250 compress (no debuff while healing) + 250 opium (25 another wound with less penalty and faster healing))
(ex3.: 3000 leech burns into 2500 toad buttered + 500 no med heal //faster than 3000 buttered)

P.S. now we have double penalty on some wounds (wound pen. + heal pen.) and double(triple) time of heal (because cant split).... its makes game more hard, dont?
ctopolon4

Postby Ants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:28 am

Could the louses drop something better than just meat? Since they attack in a pack they're a pain in the butt to kill but there's no reason to attack them since they drop nothing of value..

Maybe we could get a louse meat recipe?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:18 am

Ants wrote:Could the louses drop something better than just meat? Since they attack in a pack they're a pain in the butt to kill but there's no reason to attack them since they drop nothing of value..

Pure speculation, but maybe they will be an underground only livestock?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 am

Ants wrote:Could the louses drop something better than just meat? Since they attack in a pack they're a pain in the butt to kill but there's no reason to attack them since they drop nothing of value..

Maybe we could get a louse meat recipe?

Yeah, I have some stuff on my list.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:40 am

jorb wrote:Yeah, I have some stuff on my list.
ctopolon4

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:45 am

You know it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby vatas » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Louse chitin? Combine with strings to create crude but better-than nothing armor, and/or carve it into curios?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Wonderful » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Grind the louse chitin into a paste that is better than some current inefficient medicines. Or make it into a mash.
Wonderful

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:55 am

Wonderful wrote:Grind the louse chitin into a paste that is better than some current inefficient medicines. Or make it into a mash.

Not sure what medicines that would be. I'd have to look to see.

I was going to say that chitin isn't digestible, but I just got corrected by Google, so... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17587796
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements