Game Development: Dynamic Cow

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dynamic Cow

Postby Daefae33 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Granger wrote:Please, for the love of god: give us a toggle in the client that removes all such unnatural abominations from view - so we can enjoy the original beauty of the game once again. I fully understand the need to uglify it with 'silly stuff' that allows you to get some some quick money, but please give us a way that allows us to completely ignore the fallout of your greed. ;)

Apart from that, a very nice golf flag update - as it starts to rid us of the (visually) cloned animals...

So much this, though I'd prefer that it include options to pick which hats you see and don't, and if this is included, whether you see custom cow textures or no.
Daefae33

Postby Ants » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Ants wrote:Would you consider letting us use hearth magic or sketchpads to turn our animals unnatural colors? Pink cows would be godly.

Dear Jorbtar please no.

Jorbtar YES! In addition, weird colored cows should have a low chance of passing on their mutant genes. A rainbow cow farm would be SO CUTE

Granger wrote:
Ants wrote:Would you consider letting us use hearth magic or sketchpads to turn our animals unnatural colors? Pink cows would be godly.

Please, for the love of god: give us a toggle in the client that removes all such unnatural abominations from view - so we can enjoy the original beauty of the game once again. I fully understand the need to uglify it with 'silly stuff' that allows you to get some some quick money, but please give us a way that allows us to completely ignore the fallout of your greed. ;)

Apart from that, a very nice golf flag update - as it starts to rid us of the (visually) cloned animals...

Just breed your cows so they look normal. If you get a white mom and a white dad the babies should be white too. What would be useful, however, is a toggle to differentiate males from females more easily. Maybe males could get a blue glow and females a pink glow when we press ctrl+whatever. I kinda hate having to scrutinize horn size :/
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby maze » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Dont hide my hat...you rude kids :/

Re color of animals would be a no go for me however.
I'm sure custom clients can figure out a way to reskin all animals to default.

But honestly it would be cool to breed pure white/black horses in the future.
This could even expand into diffrent breeds
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Ants » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:25 pm

maze wrote:Re color of animals would be a no go for me however.

I mean, if you had to pay real money (or get lucky with breeding, if weird colors have a small chance to be passed down) to get unnatural colors you probably wouldn't see many rainbow animals. They'd be more of a larpy novelty thing, the majority of cows you'd come across would be normal.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:45 pm

Not sure it's possible. Think Loftar is doing this 100% server side and just sending the result to the client to be loaded. Being able to turn this off would be akin to the ability to reskin buildings to use whatever building materials you want as far as I can tell. Best bet is probably people convincing them to make it a toggle option, but good luck with that. I know I hate this change because it's ass to figure out which cows are males now.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Aceb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:20 am

Ardennesss wrote:

Not sure it's possible. Think Loftar is doing this 100% server side and just sending the result to the client to be loaded. Being able to turn this off would be akin to the ability to reskin buildings to use whatever building materials you want as far as I can tell. Best bet is probably people convincing them to make it a toggle option, but good luck with that. I know I hate this change because it's ass to figure out which cows are males now.

From my experience it only becomes a problem when You have a huge plot with them. If it's not so huge, You can tell which is which because of udders.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:51 am

Important question time: Has anyone seen the slightest performance hit because of this? So far that's a big no from me, but I don't have massive fields of cattle.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby pawnchito » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:14 am

I have a pretty large field of cows and I haven't had any performance issues.

One thing that would be nice is some way to easily tell males and females apart. Since they share the same color scheme it isn't possible to visually inspect the male to females like it was. Maybe give a horn difference or something.
pawnchito

Postby equetro » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:51 am

Milking a bull is way too confusing
equetro

Postby Wonderful » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:01 am

Best way to fix this would be to just remove horns from female cows to make them look like the casual North American dairy cows...
Wonderful

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements