Game Development: Petrified Reindeer

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Petrified Reindeer

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:21 am

wonder-ass wrote:link credos with combat moves and remove combat move farming from animals. also remove the whole 5/5 bullshit it seriously makes 0 sense, and let us use all combat moves like in legacy not just a set 10.

I'd like it if maneuvers could be put on hotbars and instantly toggled while in or out of combat with no cooldowns

Maneuvers take up a lot of the move slots so most people just camp 1 or switch between 2 of them
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Granger » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:09 am

I'm not sure about 'with no cooldowns', but yes to the rest.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:22 am

jordancoles wrote:Maneuvers take up a lot of the move slots so most people just camp 1 or switch between 2 of them

yep, additional bar for maneuvers would be pretty nice
ctopolon4

Postby kimjungskill » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Granger wrote:
Pay2CatchUp - not convinced that this will motivate that many people to join an already running world.

Assuming Pay2CatchUp wasn't strictly speaking about buying subs for gold to mass buy everything, I don't see why it wouldn't be a great motivator to anyone remotely interested in coming back. I played since week 1 of World 10 and had to quit around 6 months in for quite some time. Even if the crop quality at cf isn't the super secret quality that botters are using, I don't think I would've had the motivation to start over in the quality race.

Granger wrote:
Apart from that: the community fair is also a wart of another problem, as it only exists as the one and only 'walmart' of the hearthlands as teleportation folds map locality into nothingness. That's nothing against the community fair, the guys that created it, ... (yada yada) - it's just the result of a mechanic that makes it effectively pointless to ever create another place should one market that functions already exist.

I agree with this to some extent. Markets obviously take a lot of maintenance and proper execution on many levels. Idk what happened to Samarqand, but if a market had good accessibility, safety, features like: not_a_cat's fair report, public kiln, anvil, etc, and maybe some currency conversion guide, I think people would surely be inclined to use it.
kimjungskill

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:32 pm

jordancoles wrote:Maneuvers take up a lot of the move slots so most people just camp 1 or switch between 2 of them

i used a total of 3 Dog/blood/meda
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Smurfsrule » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:11 am

New world tf when how long are you gonna drag this one out
Smurfsrule

Postby maze » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:17 am

Smurfsrule wrote:New world tf when how long are you gonna drag this one out

maybe once something of importance is added. currently nothing to new has been added.
Playing right now myself. but I don't see a need of a world reset. it would be the same dull experience.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:10 pm

maze wrote:

maybe once something of importance is added. currently nothing to new has been added.
Playing right now myself. but I don't see a need of a world reset. it would be the same dull experience.

The world is allowed to restart once I purchase my new home and settle in RL so I can enjoy it. XD
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:33 pm

No patch tonight because of reasons. Aiming for Wednesday instead.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby blinx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 pm

Once the client rewrite and objects controlled objects are done, did you even read the yearly roadmap?
blinx

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements