Game Development: Moths in the Dill

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Moths in the Dill

Postby kirion » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Didn't knew about Onep's passing. RIP you magnificent bastard. Such a young age to die...
kirion

Postby Jalpha » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 pm

jorb wrote:Nettle burns now boost your survival by one. The sideffects of this wound are now entirely positive.

Not entirely. It will now be vastly more difficult to harvest nettles of less than 3q. Which makes it hard to craft an early set of nettle gear specifically for combat. Was that the intention?
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Jalpha wrote:
jorb wrote:Nettle burns now boost your survival by one. The sideffects of this wound are now entirely positive.

Not entirely. It will now be vastly more difficult to harvest nettles of less than 3q. Which makes it hard to craft an early set of nettle gear specifically for combat. Was that the intention?

Now noobs will have 1 agility! Well done jorb!
Time to fight ants naked!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Jalpha wrote:

Honestly the penalty on Nettle against Agility just needs to be impossible to nerf even as low quality.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Swordfire » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:09 am

jorb wrote: Nettle burns now boost your survival by one. The sideffects of this wound are now entirely positive.

I don't care for this change either
It feel's like a band-aid to avoid the bigger issue

If your really want player's to play the game in a different manner you should reward them for doing so not punish and discourage them
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Swordfire

Postby Jalpha » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:43 am

I should clarify that I'm neutral on the change. I'm just interested. It places a much higher priority on capturing a sheep (and keeping it) as soon as possible if you are rushing brawling skills. Delays access to vamp etc.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:10 am

Swordfire wrote:I don't care for this change either

If your really want player's to play the game in a different manner you should reward them for doing so not punish and discourage them

Thus: Remove anything that can ever hurt a player? Why even have health bars?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:43 am

kimjungskill wrote:And tbh there is nothing inherently terrible about the aforementioned hats in general. They can serve some of purpose (like Tuz using the traffic cones for CF events for example). Again, my main issue is they have just been underwhelming to me (and seemingly others from what I've read) for some time. Most seem like they should be worth $5 max, not $10. Idk, maybe a thread needs to be created to provide more community input.

There are multiple threads dedicated to store hat ideas... Jorb just happens to pick out the ugliest ones in the entire bunch consistently every week :roll:

I can only assume that his wife dresses him IRL because otherwise he would likely be walking around with pink and light blue feathered caps and nettle shorts ¦]
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ukhata » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:45 am

jordancoles wrote:
kimjungskill wrote:And tbh there is nothing inherently terrible about the aforementioned hats in general. They can serve some of purpose (like Tuz using the traffic cones for CF events for example). Again, my main issue is they have just been underwhelming to me (and seemingly others from what I've read) for some time. Most seem like they should be worth $5 max, not $10. Idk, maybe a thread needs to be created to provide more community input.

There are multiple threads dedicated to store hat ideas... Jorb just happens to pick out the ugliest ones in the entire bunch consistently every week :roll:

I can only assume that his wife dresses him IRL because otherwise he would likely be walking around with pink and light blue feathered caps and nettle shorts ¦]

i dont see a problem :P
Ukhata

Postby Swordfire » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:20 pm

jorb wrote:
Swordfire wrote:I don't care for this change either

Thus: Remove anything that can ever hurt a player? Why even have health bars?

:roll:
Fair Enough!

Ill go mumble to myself elsewhere but do try and keep in mind that not everyone believes in the Losing Is Fun bullcrap
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Swordfire

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements