Game Development: Moths in the Dill

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Moths in the Dill

Postby blinx » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 pm

IngloriouslyBad wrote:I was thinking, maybe someone could perhaps make a new UI for in game that has all the wiki information :?: ? Properly cataloged, indexed, categorized etc. ? Would be an immense undertaking with quite a bit of copy pasta, but maybe it would solve this whole external source dilemma. Cause there is a point there. If I wasn't informed of how shit worked from a friend who's played this for years, I'd be in a bit of a bind if I had to figure it all out myself due to little or no information.

Fucking NO!
That would take a preponderous ammount of work, and would clutter the screen to hell! And it would need to be updated *constantly*.
Just fucking use alt tab to go to the wiki on your browser!!! Lol wtf?
The wiki isn't hard to find. Some extremely lite googling will help anyone too new to know it exists find it in a hurry.
blinx

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:46 am

The legacy clients had access to the wiki information. Some of that was removed because the tooltips for food and curios improved. And it'd just be a matter of parsing infoboxes and such or including a simple form of an in-game browser. My experience says that alt-tabbing out to a normal browser is usually faster and easier, though.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Shadow7168 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:29 pm

IngloriouslyBad wrote:I was thinking, maybe someone could perhaps make a new UI for in game that has all the wiki information :?: ? Properly cataloged, indexed, categorized etc. ? Would be an immense undertaking with quite a bit of copy pasta, but maybe it would solve this whole external source dilemma. Cause there is a point there. If I wasn't informed of how shit worked from a friend who's played this for years, I'd be in a bit of a bind if I had to figure it all out myself due to little or no information.

Amber has a hotkey to open the item in the wiki, it's basically already there.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby DatSheep » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 am

very thankful for the new update to claim poles! Such a friggen relief. gg jorbtar!
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Previous

Return to Announcements