Game Development: Seated in Valhalla

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Seated in Valhalla

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:21 am

loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:What's to stop people from just closing the gates?

Not sure why that would be a problem.

Run into palisade your faction controls, if people follow you in, lock them in and down them?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 am

Ardennesss wrote:
loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:What's to stop people from just closing the gates?

Not sure why that would be a problem.

Run into palisade your faction controls, if people follow you in, lock them in and down them?

Wasn't that as much of a problem in Legacy, then?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:24 am

jorb wrote:Wasn't that as much of a problem in Legacy, then?

Sieges were much easier in Legacy, and it was harder to drop Pclaims all over the place.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 am

Ardennesss wrote:Run into palisade your faction controls, if people follow you in, lock them in and down them?

Well, at least the situation is symmetric. They're as trapped as you are, and if they need to get out, you can follow them. Or knock them out and steal their keys. At least houses on palisade claims aren't a problem, since you wouldn't have a visitor debuff to prevent you from entering them.

Ardennesss wrote:it was harder to drop Pclaims all over the place.

It was? All you needed was a simple alt.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 am

You guys should probably remove bows from valhalla or its going to be one shot simulator. I mean it is a oneshot simulator right now :D
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:30 am

When you set your stats at 10k in valhalla and get wounded they go back to your normal stats + I can't eat from the pig to get energy

nvm can eat from the pig but only outside the great hall
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Jalpha » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:34 am

Nice patch.

I like loftars idea of having a unique gate type for managing visitor debuff because generally the debuff is used to manage largescale settlements. Hermits can use permissions, keys and party mechanics for most needs. There are very few situation I imagine where they should be leaving their gates open.

Or maybe I'm just antisocial.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 am

loftar wrote:Well, at least the situation is symmetric. They're as trapped as you are, and if they need to get out, you can follow them. Or knock them out and steal their keys. At least houses on palisade claims aren't a problem, since you wouldn't have a visitor debuff to prevent you from entering them.

The people running to the safe pali are usually losing the fight, and normally have a lead.This means that their group will have their entire party inside the palisade, where it becomes unsafe to try to follow them in. The first person from your group that runs in after them gets locked in, and gangbanged. Not sure how better to explain that this effectively doesn't change anything.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby MrBunzy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 am

Cool patch, nice to be able to try Valhalla again. How did you decide on a 10k stat cap? Quite a few people have far higher stats at this point.

Also, why remove the valhalla safe zone? was useful to afk at.
Last edited by MrBunzy on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Fostik » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:39 am

We have noticed that forts abusing the visitor debuff to provide temporary dodge-in-and-out safehavens are a thing in combat, and don't like that much. We have considered a fix for this problem, which would basically imply giving gates three states: Open, closed, and open for visitors. If the gate is open for visitors, you can enter and get a visitor debuff, but you cannot enter while in combat. If the door is open, you, and anyone, can enter, quite simply, without receiving a visitor debuff. Presumably it would take some time to switch to or from the open for visitors stage. Let us know what you think.

There's no need to make gates closed for aggroed - noobs need to have shelters to save from animals, or from being aggroed.
You can simply replace this rule for scents - if you have red hands - you cant enter gates.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements