Game Development: Seated in Valhalla

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Seated in Valhalla

Postby zebratul » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:33 am

ydex wrote:so if gates where to have these two different stages that just basicly means ppl are gonna build two gates instead of where there now is one one "combat gate", one "visitor gate").
Sry, morning english

If i understand this idea correctly, there's no reason ever to keep gates no-visitor-debuff granting state. Why would you want to have a gate that does nothing?
I dont think there will be 2 gates, in this case.

ydex wrote:In that case I feel like the whole "if red handed you cant enter" sort of angle is prettier tho, or possible timers as mentioned before, as long as ppl in aggro can chase throught gates without getting visitors etc.

Now this i really dont like, too much of an advantage to the aggressor. Your base should provide you some safety.
zebratul

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:39 am

zebratul wrote:If i understand this idea correctly, there's no reason ever to keep gates no-visitor-debuff granting state. Why would you want to have a gate that does nothing?

Because sometimes you want to enter when in combat?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby zebratul » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:44 am

jorb wrote:Because sometimes you want to enter when in combat?

I've read some loftar's responses, and now understand that you (as an owner) cannot enter your own gates if aggroed, too.
Initially, i thought this entrance ban only applied to people outside of permissions. Not sure if i like it, this would lead to a lot of people dying at their doorsteps, fidgeting with the gate setting (the long timer on the settings change will make even attempting to escape an animal inside your own base impossible).

This potential change gives massive advantage to pvp- and siege-oriented people, which isn't that bad in a nutshell, but it is a big meta swing, imho.
zebratul

Postby zebratul » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:51 am

loftar wrote:You can simply open up the gate to its fully open state. That runs the risk of him also running in, of course, but I think that is a natural and reasonable risk, and with enough lead you could simply close the gate on him before he gets to it.

I think you're massively downplaying the drastic change from current meta. You either leave your base open for everybody and die from 5k-20k stats running amok your place, or you get stuck outside a base and die to a random bear/lynx/some asshole with hussar wings. A lot of people will die.

I completly agree that «aggro -> visitor debuff -> evict -> death» combo is overpowered right now, but completly stripping people of their defences is a bit too much, imho. Maybe simply rework eviction? Make it teleport aggroed visitors out, and end their combat relationships?
zebratul

Postby zebratul » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 am

In any case, i trust the devs to make whatever changes they see fit (:
With the time passing, i've become what i've always hated in this game, forum dwelling nerd who doesn't even play but spams posts, rebutting every new idea.
zebratul

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 am

How about make the visitor/normal distinction

While the gate is of status "visitor gate": it works just like now except you can't move in and out while in combat

While the gate is of status "normal": it works just like legacy (no visitor) except it takes like 30 seconds to close after you've triggered the closing

This would make it so that people running into a safe pali need to time the closing right so they don't lock themselves out but also so not everyone from the chasing group can enter and just straight up kill them inside. I believe this solves the problem fairly
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby dafels » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:43 am

jorb wrote:[*] We have noticed that forts abusing the visitor debuff to provide temporary dodge-in-and-out safehavens are a thing in combat, and don't like that much. We have considered a fix for this problem, which would basically imply giving gates three states: Open, closed, and open for visitors. If the gate is open for visitors, you can enter and get a visitor debuff, but you cannot enter while in combat. If the door is open, you, and anyone, can enter, quite simply, without receiving a visitor debuff. Presumably it would take some time to switch to or from the open for visitors stage. Let us know what you think.

Thumbs up
dafels

Postby lol123456 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:06 am

maybe we shouldn't proceed from the gate

member of village/you owner of personal claim
if you part of village more longer than 12 h you can free walk away from the fight and run in save gate if enemy go inside and will continue to chase inside, gate must auto give to them evicted effect(like right now after ~1 minute)

another village
if you be assault and run in gate your opponent will also continue to chase him be get auto evicted effect, but not if attackers member of that village more than 12 h

personal claim in in the rights
if you run away to personal claim together with your enemies,at moment when you crossed the gate your enemies get exactly the same rights on this claim as you and stay with those for another 5 minutes after the end of the battle without the right to be evicted!
lol123456

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:30 am

Yeah i like all those ideas but the problems are always the same .... we cannot pretend to balance the game while the game it's not the same for everybody ....
Just ends up with auto-closing craps ... alts/bots ready to switch the gates permissions when you are approaching and so on ... I mean I'm agree with implementing timers on gates, etc ... tho it's pointless discussing if it would be fair or not, it will not, we already know it's not that the problem.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby ErdTod » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Difference between guest-opened and FFA-opened gate should be visually clear, otherwise there will be many frustrating situations where you run into a wall instead of opened gate...
ErdTod

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements