Game Development: Seated in Valhalla

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Seated in Valhalla

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:11 am

Ozzy123 wrote:When you set your stats at 10k in valhalla and get wounded they go back to your normal stats

Can't reproduce.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:15 am

loftar wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:When you set your stats at 10k in valhalla and get wounded they go back to your normal stats

Can't reproduce.

Probably just was my mistake, sorry
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:17 am

loftar wrote:What you're saying is that the current problems are related only to walls as such and that the visitor debuff has nothing to do with it. Not sure I buy that.

EDIT: That being said, if you think it's a good idea, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to adding a timer to opening/closing gates, one which even gets interrupted by taking damage.

I'm not really sure how that's what you infer from what I said. The problem is two-fold. First, that with visitor it's not even on the table to chase them in. If you remove the issue of visitor, then safepalis will go down to only having 1 entrance, where you still wont be able to follow them in for safety reasons. They're not only abused for visitor, that's just a side effect.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:17 am

Also, can you guys make it run terrain or something? The constant drinking is just too much. (Or just nerf sprint drain in game because drink spam is annoying af)
DDDsDD999

Postby kimjungskill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:21 am

loftar wrote:My natural inclination would be to let them be ordinary gates.

That was my concern really. I feel like it's generally bad practice to default something to such a drastically different functionality because it would take some time before everyone is caught up on how the gates work. That would mean people that aren't able to login around patch time that have their gates open just get raided without a single siege machine, right? Also, with how the current mechanics are for tearing down and rebuilding your OWN gates (ie. cascade destroying a random amount of your gates/walls) that would mean you build new visitor gates if you have the space to expand or risk being raided for free (RIP CF). Idk, it seems like that particular scenario introduces more negatives than it does towards fixing the original issue the change was intended for in the first place.
kimjungskill

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:46 am

loftar wrote:
That being said, if you think it's a good idea, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to adding a timer to opening/closing gates, one which even gets interrupted by taking damage.

I support this regardless of all other factors, with larger gates requiring longer times to close them. (Since it's not just close, but close and secure)
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 am

mb decrease KO duration? in valhala (and auto heal when it ends)
and bow cant be same Q as metal stuff (at same Q : bow = OP) (make bow Q limit 5k)
Last edited by ctopolon4 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctopolon4

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 am

remove rbows from valhalla, make it 3rd speed not sprint (or just make some sprint area but not at the entire thing) and there will actually be a lot of fun
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 am

Neat a valhalla rework :)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Redlaw » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:05 am

The new curo and the new food look nice. Thank you.
Redlaw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements